C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Sport mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 05:38 PM
JCR_snapshot
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Sport mirrors

I have searched for a new set of mirrors for my 1980 vette. I have even read a lot of threads back to 2004 on my style of mirrors, but can't find info on replacing the ones i have. Both of mine have broken cables and the owner before me put sheet metal screws to hold the cables so he could see. I can find LH but not RH, on top of that mine are chrome and i'd like to stay with chrome. anybody that can help?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:19 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

i would fnd a corvette junk yard .they would have plenty of factory replacements .i would think you could have one chromed.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

None of the C3 sport mirrors were chromed; all were painted body color. Post pics of your mirrors; they may be aftermarket which could explain why you're having trouble finding them.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:16 AM
vanice
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike is correct they were not chrome for a C3. A pic would help. I have a set of stock remote mirrors if interested. The pass remote is hard to come by.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR_snapshot
I have searched for a new set of mirrors for my 1980 vette.

I can find LH but not RH, on top of that mine are chrome and i'd like to stay with chrome. anybody that can help?
As others have said, the 77-82 factory sport mirrors were painted body color. They were never chrome plated.

Corvette vendors have the left hand mirror, because it has been repro-ed by Keen Parts. The right side has not been reproduced (yet, anyway), and GM one's are discontinued.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:25 AM
JCR_snapshot
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted two pics of my mirrors as "chrome mirrors on C3" still learning how to use this forum and find a way to post them right on this page. But these mirrors are full metal, no paint or plastic on them. They may have been chromed. The car was also in the power tour 2004 with its current paint; white w/red flames. It had an LS1 under the hood that was blown by the previous owner, (I got the corvette cheap). but as far as i know he was rebuilding it, for fun; not a guy to do paint and chrome. and may have not been the owner during the power tour.

Get notified of new replies

To Remote Sport mirrors

Quick Reply: Remote Sport mirrors