C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lord Fusor 127 EZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:27 PM
willem wallace
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Lord Fusor 127 EZ

Just starting out on body repairs to my 1971 roadster project. My thought on panel adhesive is the Lord Fusor 127 EZ. I like the fact that it is recommended by GM as a panel adhesive. Being new to auto body repair procedures, I do not understand it being recommended for panel repair, but being warned of it not being compatible with polyesther fillers. Could someone fill me in on the correct method for this adhesives use on exposed panel bonding. Any info is appreciated.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:32 AM
myjunker67
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

127 ez is a structure adhesive used for newer vettes, it can be used to bond panels, but if you use bondo over it you will get read through. I use fiber tech adhesive- filler made by evercoat. this stuff beats fusor , it mixes like bondo, work time is about 10 minutes and can be sanded in 30 min!I used this stuff to bond fiberglass flares to steel, on a Elenore mustang kit and no cracking so far,(car was built 8 yrs ago and its painted black)i also used it to bond the rear clip on my 67, that repair is 4 yrs old and no problems
Old 03-11-2012, 06:35 AM
myjunker67
Intermediate

i don't know if it matters but the 127 ez is for SMC panels which wasn't used in the c3's they are press- molded
Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 AM
vanice
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myjunker67
i don't know if it matters but the 127 ez is for SMC panels which wasn't used in the c3's they are press- molded
Well thats wrong SMC was used on C-3's. It took awhile as it wasn't a complete change in one model year. If you remove all the paint and primer and you see a off white panel it is SMC, if it is a dark color it is polyester. And yes they were all press molded.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:32 PM
bryanpl123
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought some 127ez and the double calk gun for it a few months ago in anticipation for putting on wheel flares. I have since reconsidered and decided not to do the mod (time and money) I decided on 127ez after reading various recommendations on the forum, but they were all for smc panel cars..

Last edited by bryanpl123; 03-16-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
efather
Racer

i am actually using the 127EZ right now. I plan on using a different seam sealer to cover which will cover the squeeze out and not possibly bleed later. the docs on it says fine for smc and non smc, I have been happy with it to be honest.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:24 PM
noonie
Race Director

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

127 is an epoxy based adhesive just like most of the other good adhesives. Nothing wrong with it. You can use it for all fiberglass.
Generally a polyester (most body fillers) don't do well over epoxy, delaminating and sometimes not curing at all.
The fix and a good practice anyway is to spray with a good epoxy primer then body filler.

Wholesale paint suppliers have factory reps available for specific instructions beyond the labels.

Get notified of new replies

To Lord Fusor 127 EZ

Quick Reply: Lord Fusor 127 EZ