C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transducer vacuum line & charcoal canister questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 AM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Default transducer vacuum line & charcoal canister questions

looked in the 82 AIM and service manual for the following:
in pic #1....where does the vacuum line next to the electrical connector go to? could not find the diagrams in the books that show this, maybe I'm not in the right section....
also found that the vacuum line on the other side of the transducer that goes to the rear manifold fitting was toast, replaced that and some other vacuum lines and my idle went from rough to very smooth, no more shaking when stopped in traffic.....

in pic #2 & #3 looks like bubba was here at one time or another, as this wire was just hanging loose in the said area with no where to go, being spliced and attached, with a wire nut and it went though the fire wall, gave a slight tug on the wire and I was holding it in my hand.....

and on the charcoal canister, I see where the PCV goes into the one connection on the top of the canister, but there is another connection next to that on the canister with a hose attached and nowhere to go, anyone know where it's attached to?

thanks for any info.................................... .Tom

Last edited by 74 LS4-454; 05-06-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Quick Reply: transducer vacuum line & charcoal canister questions