C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater demister vacuum problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 04:06 AM
mrichi
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Heater demister vacuum problems

Hi everyone,

Iam trying to get the heater, demisters working on my 79 Vette

Heaters set to hot, unable to get any hot air through the system.

All the air blows into the footwells , nothing up to the sereen.

Iam getting vacuum leaks from the heater control select valve in the consol, iam thinking of replacing that part.

Also the black vacuum line "the small diameter lines" which comes from the drivers side in the engine bay and provides vacuum to the heater control selecter valve . Appears to be damaged in the engine bay area it looks as though it has been up against something hot and a small section about 1/2" long seems to have been melted on one side . I dont think it is leaking there but i think it could be restricting the vacuum.

What is the best way to repair or replace this line , the line goes through a rubber grommet in the firewall there are 3 lines going through this grommet, but they appear firmly stuck into the grommet from both sides.

I want to replace the vacuum line on the engine side but iam unsure as to how to get it out of the firewall grommet .

Can some help please, also where can i buy the small diameter vacuum lines
Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
mrichi
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ttt
Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I have to say the use of the word Demisters may have some confused. I always thought of this word as something like a Whiskey Still.

Then I tried to think of what you may be talking about and thought ok.. receiver drier is what he is working on.

But after reading all of it I think you are referring to the vacuum pods that operate the heater and a/c..

If I'm correct, go to my site and you'll find tons of info about it. What year is the car???

http://willcoxcorvette.com/advanced_...eywords=heater

Get notified of new replies

To Heater demister vacuum problems

Quick Reply: Heater demister vacuum problems