C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doug's headers/side pipes

Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM
wabco40
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Doug's headers/side pipes

I'm after some info and pictures of Doug's headers and side pipes.

Has anyone had issues with installing them when using Steeriods R&P?

Also any other clearance or quality problems with them.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:04 AM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by wabco40
Any other clearance or quality problems with them.
I can't help you with pictures or the rack issues but I can tell you Doug's quality and fit in my case were top notch.
I have a '68 NOM big block convertible with TKO,poly mounts, and no P/S.
No dents no dings and they clear everything. We tried Hedman side exit which are only 1 3/4" tubes and they were a nightmare. They didn't clear the pitman arm at all and the collector was angled at the ground. Mean while there are several cars on this forum running those Hedman's with no issues (that's why we tried them). I also tried a well know SS brand of side exit headers and they didn't work either. They didn't clear the pitman arm or steering box. (On a side note they took them back and gave a 100% refund because they are a great company. I can't say the same for Hedman but I will tell you I'll never buy another product from them.)
What ever brand you buy make sure you can return them if they don't fit as long as you don't "ding" them. It seems there is no guarantee that reguardless of what brand headers you buy they are going to bolt on with no issues. Good luck with what ever brand you choose.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:11 PM
wabco40
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 3JsVette
I can't help you with pictures or the rack issues but I can tell you Doug's quality and fit in my case were top notch.
I have a '68 NOM big block convertible with TKO,poly mounts, and no P/S.
No dents no dings and they clear everything. We tried Hedman side exit which are only 1 3/4" tubes and they were a nightmare. They didn't clear the pitman arm at all and the collector was angled at the ground. Mean while there are several cars on this forum running those Hedman's with no issues (that's why we tried them). I also tried a well know SS brand of side exit headers and they didn't work either. They didn't clear the pitman arm or steering box. (On a side note they took them back and gave a 100% refund because they are a great company. I can't say the same for Hedman but I will tell you I'll never buy another product from them.)
What ever brand you buy make sure you can return them if they don't fit as long as you don't "ding" them. It seems there is no guarantee that reguardless of what brand headers you buy they are going to bolt on with no issues. Good luck with what ever brand you choose.
Thanks. I'm currently have hooker ss for a small block but not happy with the fit.
I purchased them about 3 years ago and they where on backorder for months. I later found out they where relocating their manufacturing down to Mexico, so looks like I got one of the first from there.
The left side needed clearancing for the steering shaft (I expected that) and the frame. The right side clears everything however the collector is angled at the ground and towards the frame. It looks like the collector has not been welded on straight.
Before I start cutting and re-welding these pile of pipes I thought I would look at Doug's headers.

Get notified of new replies

To Doug's headers/side pipes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Doug's headers/side pipes