C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC vacuum control valve

Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 PM
TigerFan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC vacuum control valve

Hello Everyone. I just bought an 80 Vette and trying to work out a few issues as I'm sure everyone has. I only have air coming out from floor and have been looking at some vacuum diagrams. I found two that were broken and waiting for the replacement set to come in. Two questions, First , I have been reading that the problem could be the AC vacuum control valve ( if a broken line is not found)....was going to replace anyway, do I need to replace clear rubber gasket on back of valve and if so where do I find one? Second, according to diagram, black line comes in thru grommet from vacuum source , hitting a tee and going to right port on water shut off valve with green going back out thru grommet. It is backwards on my car, does this matter? Any and all help is Greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance
Old 11-19-2012, 12:03 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,597 Posts

The valve is a complete assembly. Where does the green go after going out through the grommet according to your diagram and where does it go on the car?

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1977-1982.html
Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
TigerFan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MelWff,
I have the new ac control valve but the one currently hooked up is identical to the one I just received except that it has a clear plastic bushing that the vacuum lines go into and then screwed onto back of valve. Is this correct or do the lines just push onto back of valve?
Second, sorry for color confusion I stated wrong color in previous post. I have several different diagrams that show the black line coming in from the vacuum source and going to right port on water shut off valve with White line coming out of left port and going out to the water valve. Mine is backwards...White going to right port and black coming from left port? It looks like original lines but who knows. Would this make a difference??
The link that you sent me for the ac vaccum valve, as it is shown do you know the vacuum line colors would go?? Thanks for you help and taking your time to respond. Thanks in Advance,

Get notified of new replies

To AC vacuum control valve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC vacuum control valve