C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fort Worth Mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Boon88
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fort Worth Mechanic?

My Fiancee and I just bought our first Corvette (a 1979 with 95k orig miles), we had it checked out by a Chevy dealership mechanic before we made the purchase and we were told that it is in pretty damned good condition. It was suggested that we get the hoses and belts replaced though. Can anyone suggest a good honest mechanic around the Fort Worth area(don't want to get it done at the dealership)? I was thinking about taking her to Corvettes of Dallas, but have read some mixed reviws on this forum (not to mention that I may not even need a corvette specific mechanic to work on a car this age). Any suggestions would be much appriciated as we are new to the Fort Worth area and dont really have any good connections.

Thanks!
Boon

Last edited by Boon88; 12-03-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Speed Direct
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 80 Likes on 43 Posts

Talk to Jim Welch at Mid Cities Classics. They are in Hurst but that isn't far from Ft. Worth. Welcome to north Texas. http://www.midcitiesclassics.com/home.php#home
817-685-9433
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
U17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mid Cities ...
Old 12-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Boon88
Heel & Toe

Thanks Fellas, I'm setting up an apt today.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM
GorillaBaseball
Heel & Toe

I just wanted to post about Mid Cities. I sent them an email asking a question about my C3. I am having a problem with a loud clicking/pinging noise when it starts and it seems to be timed with the crankshaft.

They took the time to call me directly and gave me great advice about items to check ( fly wheel inspection cover most likely bent ).

From the call you can tell they have years of experience and I love the fact he is willing to troubleshoot and teach me something new.

I've never seen their shop but he has earned my business. Please use this shop if your in the DFW area

Get notified of new replies

To Fort Worth Mechanic?

Quick Reply: Fort Worth Mechanic?