C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock 750 Carb Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
chiefbob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10
Default Edelbrock 750 Carb Question

I've got a 383 Stroker crate engine with the Eddy 750 carb. The whole engine assembly is now 3 years old, so fairly new.

I didn't get paperwork from the performance shop that did the conversion and I've asked for it a couple of times and gave up.

How can I tell the model (series #?) of the 750? I downloaded the Edelbrock carb owner's manual for the 750 but can't tell what mine is. There's a number stamped on the back base of the carb "8867". Is that a cross-reference to the model #?

Thanks.
Bob
Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

this tells you how to id the carb

http://www.allcarbs.com/tech.php?art=20
Old 03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
chiefbob
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by MelWff
this tells you how to id the carb

http://www.allcarbs.com/tech.php?art=20
Hey Mel, thanks! That's a handy reference. I looked all over the Edelbrock carb web site and couldn't find anything similar to that.

Bob
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

Originally Posted by chiefbob
I've got a 383 Stroker crate engine with the Eddy 750 carb. The whole engine assembly is now 3 years old, so fairly new.

I didn't get paperwork from the performance shop that did the conversion and I've asked for it a couple of times and gave up.

How can I tell the model (series #?) of the 750? I downloaded the Edelbrock carb owner's manual for the 750 but can't tell what mine is. There's a number stamped on the back base of the carb "8867". Is that a cross-reference to the model #?

Thanks.
Bob
If youre pleased with the performance you get from your Edelbrock 750 carb, then thats fine. But, I had the same one and upgraded to a Barry Grant 750 Speed Demon with annulars and mechanical secondaries...and the performance increase was extremely noticable . I mean like 'rocket' . The Edelbrock carb is more for economy . The B.G. costs you a tad more in fuel economy but the performance increase is worth it. Just thought id throw this info out there to you.

Also, if its low end torque youre looking for, then, annular boosters are far better than droplet boosters...and there was a writeup in one of the car magazines a few years back which showed an astonishing 90 ft. lbs greater torque on the dyno over droplegs on a particular common motor that they tested. Thats what convinced me to try annular boosters cause i wanted maximized low end grunt.

Last edited by TheycallmeDave; 03-11-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock 750 Carb Question

Quick Reply: Edelbrock 750 Carb Question