C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy an AIM Trolls (New Years Resolution)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 08:28 PM
74modified
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by micks69
Ok I've done a very scientific demographic analysis of all the responses. ().

I have come to the conclusion that AIM Thumpers live mostly up north and the Anti-AIM (Don't need no stinkin AIM) folks mostly live down south and out west.

The only logical conclusion that I can come to (using Occam's Razor) is the lack of actual drive time verses time working on the car skews the outlook.

Reading the AIM 10 months of the year leads "Thumpers" to quickly refer to a document that they have great familiarity with vs actually driving the car 10 months out of the year.

Just a thought . Nice cruise today and no snow chains required!
Maybe that's where the term "Bubba" came from. I am sure the NCRS guys would call me one, even though my car runs, and drives better, and is more reliable than when stock. But that's the point - I drive it!!
I do have a AIM, he!!, I even have a dealership parts counter book (way thick) from the late seventies. I very seldom ever crack them open.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:41 PM
micks69
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 74modified
Maybe that's where the term "Bubba" came from. I am sure the NCRS guys would call me one, even though my car runs, and drives better, and is more reliable than when stock. But that's the point - I drive it!!
I do have a AIM, he!!, I even have a dealership parts counter book (way thick) from the late seventies. I very seldom ever crack them open.
You are a genius! We need to have a are you a "Bubba" thread!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:43 AM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts

I have come to the conclusion that AIM Thumpers live mostly up north and the Anti-AIM (Don't need no stinkin AIM) folks mostly live down south and out west.

The only logical conclusion that I can come to (using Occam's Razor) is the lack of actual drive time verses time working on the car skews the outlook.

Reading the AIM 10 months of the year leads "Thumpers" to quickly refer to a document that they have great familiarity with vs actually driving the car 10 months out of the year.

I think you may be on to something
Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Teem66
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, my name is Tim and I own an AIM.

OK, I've read every post (up to this point) and searched for flippant, "Get an AIM,", posts. My personal conclusions are: The issue raised by the OP doesn't exist, he posted in the wrong forum, he is trying to start a flame war and he is now blocked by me. Again, just personal conclusions.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:43 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 847 Likes on 723 Posts

I'm quite certain there is as little "science" behind this post as your first post.

NONE AT ALL.

Last edited by lionelhutz; 01-06-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:30 PM
micks69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Teem66
Hi, my name is Tim and I own an AIM.
Tim this is the corvette forum not AA

Originally Posted by Teem66
OK, I've read every post (up to this point) and searched for flippant, "Get an AIM,", posts. My personal conclusions are: The issue raised by the OP doesn't exist, he posted in the wrong forum, he is trying to start a flame war and he is now blocked by me. Again, just personal conclusions.
If you really don't care about this thread then just ignore it buddy. But no you had to get a lick in and announce your gonna block me. Please don't block me Tim pleaaaase
Old 01-08-2014, 10:00 PM
oledave60
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

When I first joined this forum I had an AIM, but referred to it as an AM. Don't make that mistake.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Mod75
Le Mans Master

Received 571 Likes on 287 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

A Aim with an index would be fantastic, spend way too much time flipping pages. Easy-er to post you question here.

Just saying
Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 PM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mod75
A Aim with an index would be fantastic, spend way too much time flipping pages. Easy-er to post you question here.

Just saying
careful, you may get blocked for saying such things
Old 01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Teem66
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mod75

Just saying
Looks like Eckler's has an index for AIMs
http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...roduct_Related
Old 01-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by AirborneSilva
careful, you may get blocked for saying such things

But flippin pages is haaaaaaard.

Indexes are stupid too, you need to read them and everything.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:47 AM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mike Ward

I never said anything about flipping pages being hard so I'm not sure what the point of your attack is, other then trying to get a rise out of me, also never said anything about indexes being stupid. What I have said though is that you can't always find what you're looking for, because it's just not there like my ash tray exploded view, and even if you do find what you're looking for the drawings are sometimes just not goo and are hard to decipher, like when I was trying to figure out how in the world my radiator seals went on the top of the support - the drawings just plain SUCKED!

No matter what some of us say there are going to be people like you whom just want to be a jerk about it, so, if you don't want to answer any of my questions then by all means don't there are plenty on here that are more than willing to answer questions, even for the 100th time...
Old 01-09-2014, 10:53 AM
theblackvette
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I never said anything about flipping pages being hard so I'm not sure what the point of your attack is, other then trying to get a rise out of me, also never said anything about indexes being stupid. What I have said though is that you can't always find what you're looking for, because it's just not there like my ash tray exploded view, and even if you do find what you're looking for the drawings are sometimes just not goo and are hard to decipher, like when I was trying to figure out how in the world my radiator seals went on the top of the support - the drawings just plain SUCKED!

No matter what some of us say there are going to be people like you whom just want to be a jerk about it, so, if you don't want to answer any of my questions then by all means don't there are plenty on here that are more than willing to answer questions, even for the 100th time...
Isn't the "AIM" of this thread to bring out the "TROLLS?"

I agree, I have the aim and the pics are horrible and an index would help a great deal. There are a LOT of pages and they used EVERY available space on each paper. This book looks more for use for restoring a car. Not really for looking for specific information quickly.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:02 AM
pacecar620
Racer

Originally Posted by scottyp99
If you're going to work on your own 'vette, you should have an AIM. This is what your rant sounds like, metaphorically:

"Some people want to hammer nails, but don't own a hammer. I am sick and tired of people telling them that they should buy a hammer!"

If you want to hammer nails, you should have a hammer. If you want to work on your 'vette, you should have an AIM.

On the other hand, I do agree that some folks are a little glib about it. "Where the heck is the jack?" "Go buy an AIM." That's not cool, just tell him where the jack is. Then maybe recommend buying an AIM.

Scott
'Nuff said!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:31 AM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pacecar620
'Nuff said!
but I don't want to hammer nails, I know what a hammer looks like and which end to use. I do however need to know sometimes where something might go on my Vette (that wasn't there before, see my comment about radiator seals), and the AIM just doesn't explain it well or have a descent picture of it.

What I DON"T NEED is someone telling me to get or look at the AIM when I already have done both. AGAIN, if you don't wan to help that's cool
Old 01-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by theblackvette
Isn't the "AIM" of this thread to bring out the "TROLLS?"
Absolutely. I figured that out about 150 posts ago. Anybody posting 'spend way too much time flipping pages. Easy-er (sic) to post you (sic) question here' is obviously looking to fan the flames. Again.

Lighten up Francises (Francii?) wherever you are.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Absolutely. I figured that out about 150 posts ago. Anybody posting 'spend way too much time flipping pages. Easy-er (sic) to post you (sic) question here' is obviously looking to fan the flames. Again.

Lighten up Francises (Francii?) wherever you are.
You and others seem to be the one's getting your panties in a bunch about people asking questions...

Get notified of new replies

To Buy an AIM Trolls (New Years Resolution)

Old 01-09-2014, 12:06 PM
theblackvette
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You and others seem to be the one's getting your panties in a bunch about people asking questions...
What color?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Capkunu
Pro

panties in a bunch
What gets my underwear all disgruntled isn't so much the AIM, but the way the pages are laid out. The left side is oriented 'north' - the right side - 'south.' So, I spend more time rotating the damn binder than I do actually studying it.

Of course, the version I have might not be the same as others'. But I'm not inclined to re-punch all that paper just the same.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:09 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,794 Posts

OK, I think it's fair to say the topic has been sufficiently dissected (to no one's satisfaction ) and right now all we have are small fires brewing.

Maybe we can beat this thing up further down the road.

Quick Reply: Buy an AIM Trolls (New Years Resolution)