C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FiTech Go EFI Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 10:06 AM
condor7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default MPFI In the works??

First, thanks for a super write up on this system. Hope to hear some more about it. Was looking at another forum and one post indicated that this same company was working on a MPFI set-up. May have to wait and see about it. Also I see that one of our vendors is now carring the FItechEFI system.
http://paceperformance.com/?gclid=CJ...FYiPHwodidMNhQ

Decisions decisions. Wonder if Pace Performance is giving any lee-way for forum members??
Old 07-21-2015, 08:59 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I had read that somewhere a month or so ago as well. It will be interesting to see what price point it comes in at. Haven't found anyother reviews of the tbi unit, hopefully that is a good thing as they have shipped hundreds from what I have heard.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:02 PM
condor7
Instructor

On the fence on either this unit or the Terminator. Both have what I want which is timing control. Like you I have not seen any other review on the Fitech unit. I do like the idea of no external regulator or brain box. I'm not to worried about heat to the ECM as I don't have any issue right now with the carb and heat. Struggled with MPFI v.s. the throttle body. Not looking for gobs of HP or anything. Read all the pro's and cons, I guess at this point it is a matter of preference. My motor is set up with a retro roller cam, matching heads and intake for power starting at 1500 RPM up to about 6K. Nothing real wild that really would gain much from a MPFI to a throttle body unit. The cost is what has kept me away from the MPFI units. That's why I may wait until I see if Fitech is really working on a multi-port system. Want to go EFI but can't justify $3500-$4000 for multi-port. Guess that's why the TB is so interesting.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:07 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

I am thinking that the new mpfi unit pricing might be more inline with the Megasquirt unit that many like. That would be about 50% of what you were looking at but I am only basing this of of their current tbi unit.

Brian, did you hear back from FiTech on a group purchase price?
Old 07-22-2015, 04:11 PM
dembo
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Condor, i too was debating between this system and the Terminator and eventually went with the holley system. Why? I feel more confident as it has been out for a couple of years and haven't really read any truly negative reviews + you can use a C5 fuel filter/regulator which you can mount near the tank and only have the supply line in to engine compartment.
Summit order will probably arrive tomorrow.
For those going with the fitech, I hope you have good luck with it.
Nick

Last edited by dembo; 07-23-2015 at 02:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:13 AM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by gdh
I am thinking that the new mpfi unit pricing might be more inline with the Megasquirt unit that many like. That would be about 50% of what you were looking at but I am only basing this of of their current tbi unit.

Brian, did you hear back from FiTech on a group purchase price?
Hey Greg,

I have sent 3 emails and left 2 voice messages with home and cell numbers. Still no reply; but I'm going to remain vigalent.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:55 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by briankeery
Hey Greg,

I have sent 3 emails and left 2 voice messages with home and cell numbers. Still no reply; but I'm going to remain vigalent.
Thanks Brian, they are usually very fast getting back to ppl. I know that they were talking with a cdn supplier in May and now that they have a deal with Pace that may affect things.

Dembo, I think most of us are concerned about the reliability/longevity of this new unit. So far haven't read any bad reviews, well other than this thread any reviews, and none for resale. Hopefully this is a good thing.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:18 PM
dembo
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah it's still too early, if it wasn't for my extremely bad experience with powerjection III (bought & installed just after it was launched) I would have chosen Fitech as well (Ken comes from Prof.Products) . I just had bad luck with lots of failing components and eventually gave up)
Nick
Old 07-23-2015, 07:04 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

I remember reading on a host of forums about the problems with Powerjection III, fully understand your reluctance.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:20 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Anyone else found any online disussions about the FiTech units? So far I've only seen two, this thread and one on the Vintage Mustang forum. The guy on the Mustang forum hasn't installed his yet. He did say that the bigger 1200 units were in stock and that the smaller ones were being shipped as soon as they arrive.

Mrscott25 any further updates?
Old 07-28-2015, 09:40 AM
BrooksCJ
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gdh
Anyone else found any online disussions about the FiTech units? So far I've only seen two, this thread and one on the Vintage Mustang forum. The guy on the Mustang forum hasn't installed his yet. He did say that the bigger 1200 units were in stock and that the smaller ones were being shipped as soon as they arrive.

Mrscott25 any further updates?
I should be getting my kit in the mail today. I'm getting the polished base unit with the fuel command center (FCC). I just need to figure out the best place to mount the FCC before I install the kit. I'm hoping to take off some days next week to install it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

C.J.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:39 PM
condor7
Instructor

Originally Posted by BrooksCJ
I should be getting my kit in the mail today. I'm getting the polished base unit with the fuel command center (FCC). I just need to figure out the best place to mount the FCC before I install the kit. I'm hoping to take off some days next week to install it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

C.J.
Hey CJ, thanks for letting us know in advance. I have only read about one other person in possession of this unit and it is as was said, in a Mustang forum. No details. I'm most likely going with a Terminator but still want to see how this turns out. I know it takes a while for the "new" kid on the block to gain momentum and I applaud those who are willing to try the unit out. I still like several of the features of the FITech EFI but am going with a tried and true unit. Just my personal preference. I sincerely hope as do others that the FITech unit does everything as it is advertised to do. All the best. Bob
Old 07-30-2015, 08:21 AM
BrooksCJ
Instructor

Default Kit Arrived

I received my kit Tuesday evening and everything looks like it is of really high quality. The TBI unit is not as polished as I would of liked, but you won't really see much of it under the air cleaner anyway.

Last night I started looking at where I could mount the Fuel Command Center (FCC). With limited space under the hood, there isn't a lot of space to mount the FCC. I have an aftermarket A/C setup, so I was able to mount it on the firewall, where the old evaporator case use to be located. Good luck finding a location if you have factory A/C.

I plan to do the rest of the install next week, so I'll keep you posted. Of course I'll include picks too.

C.J.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:17 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Looking fwd to your writeup CJ.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:32 PM
mrscott25
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Another minor update.

The EFI is running just as before with no problems.

I have filled up twice and got (268 miles / 17.2 Gallons) 15.5 and (310 miles / 19.4 gallons ) and 16.0 MPG respectively.

After running it about 600 miles I am happy and I have decided I am going to keep the system. My next project is to figure out how I am going to make a steel fuel line to run from the mechanical pump over to the CC. The 10' of rubber fuel line I put on was temporary as I didn't want to alter the original line until I knew the EFI was good.

Anybody want a used Edelbrock 1406 carb?
Old 07-30-2015, 07:46 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Thank-you for the update, glad to hear that it is performing well.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:40 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Ken had said that he gets the throttle bodies from the same source as the other companies. Here is the Chinese Co. page, just shows FiTech, they have an R & D centre in Cal as well.
http://www.fitinjection.com/EN/3g.php?m=img&cid=5

Last edited by gdh; 08-01-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To FiTech Go EFI Review

Old 08-07-2015, 03:11 PM
BrooksCJ
Instructor

Default My Install of FiTech EFI System on 70 Vette

First off, I would like to thank MrScott for his great write-up. I used his install as a guide, but I did do some things a little different.

Fuel Command Center Install
I decided to install the Fuel Command Center on the passenger side firewall. In my opinion, that was the hardest item to install.

Fuel Command Center Location

Fuel Line Install
When hooking up the fuel lines, I ran into one issue. The kit was suppose to come with a plug for the return line, but instead came with an extra inlet plug. I talked to Ken at FiTech and he overnighted me the return plug I needed. Talk about good customer support. I'm sure that cost him a lot to ship a $4.00 part overnight. Other than that, the fuel line install went smoothly.

Vent Line Install
I had an 8PSI electric carb fuel pump installed for my car already, so I wasn't using the old manual fuel pump return line. I decided to use that as the vent tube line for the Fuel Command Center.

Electric Fans
Just like MrScott, I didn't use the timing control, but I did use the electric fan setup on the kit. To get it working, I cut the wire that went to my old coolant temp sensor and spiced it to the yellow wire on main harness on the EFI unit. Of course I had to install the new coolant temp sensor and connect that wire back to the TBI unit. Very easy to do.

Everything else went smoothly, just like MrScott said in his install. I have about 20 miles on the car, but I did notice a slight hard start issue, so I adjusted the butterflies screw a quarter turn and it seems to have resolved the issue. After I get some more miles on it, I'll let you know what I think of the kit.

Drivers Side Pic of TBI Unit

Passenger Side Pic of TBI Unit
The following users liked this post:
SpeedRacerMach (05-30-2017)
Old 08-08-2015, 03:29 AM
mrscott25
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

No fair, you have more shiny things on yours than I do!

Glad you got it installed. Interested to hear if you are as happy as I am with mine.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:17 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Great write up and pics. The reviews that I have read have all been favourable so far which is very encouraging. Really appreciate both of your updates, thank-you.

Quick Reply: FiTech Go EFI Review