C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 - C4 Blower Convert Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 11:56 PM
bigvette1
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default C3 - C4 Blower Convert Wiring

Ok, I am not sure on the wiring needed. I have the C4 blower w/wheel and the NAPA connector for the blower motor. Here are my questions for people that have made the conversion.

- Do I wire the purple wire from the blower relay directly to the + side wire of the C4 connector?

- The 2 wire connector that are grounds for the C3 blower wiring is normally connected to the (-) side of the C4 connector? This is where it seems to be recommended to increase the gauge of the ground wire. Pick it up from where?

- On the C3 wiring the +12 purple wire was plugged into the short pigtail end of the condenser, condenser case grounded on the tab under the screw and the long pigtail plugged into the power plug on the C3 blower motor. Is this correct? Where do I connect the condenser on the new C4 blower wiring?

Finally the C4 blower with a 3/4" spaced is about 3/16" longer than the C3 blower from back of motor to end of squirrel cage. Is there enough clearance in the air box or is this too long?

Thanks for the input help.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Frank_Nesta
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

- Do I wire the purple wire from the blower relay directly to the + side wire of the C4 connector?
Yes.

- The 2 wire connector that are grounds for the C3 blower wiring is normally connected to the (-) side of the C4 connector? This is where it seems to be recommended to increase the gauge of the ground wire. Pick it up from where?

I went to the ground Heineken the starter at the bell housing.

- On the C3 wiring the +12 purple wire was plugged into the short pigtail end of the condenser, condenser case grounded on the tab under the screw and the long pigtail plugged into the power plug on the C3 blower motor. Is this correct? Where do I connect the condenser on the new C4 blower wiring?

I am not sure. It has been a while. I think I did this like a plug and play. What went to +12v went to that connection what went to ground went to that connection. The really important connection was the addition ground to the housing beside the ground at the connector.

Finally the C4 blower with a 3/4" spaced is about 3/16" longer than the C3 blower from back of motor to end of squirrel cage. Is there enough clearance in the air box or is this too long?

3/4 " spacer works perfectly.

Quick Reply: C3 - C4 Blower Convert Wiring