C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake pedal level dropped

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 11:18 AM
xkeots
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Brake pedal level dropped

I was attempting to change my valve cover gaskets and I took out a few hoses, namely the vacuum line from the brake booster. After re connecting into the plastic connector into the booster gasket hole and then getting into the car. I started it up and I let the vacuum pressure build. I then took it into the street. My brake pedal now is almost on the floor when stopping. I have done many systems and the booster usually drops a vacuum pedal once the motor is running to a softer hard pedal. The booster usually drops the pedal 1/4 to 1/2 travel not 3/4 from just removing and replacing the vacuum line.
Help
Thanks
Jack 77 L82
Old 10-17-2015, 11:30 AM
COOLTED
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I wouldn't think that the vacuum hose would have anything to do with this kind of a problem. Sounds like you have air in the system. I have seen some highly unlikely co-incidences in my line of work. I think I would be thinking about bleeding the system.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:38 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,179 Likes on 2,739 Posts

Is it possible the plastic check valve assembly is damaged?

Before starting the car....hold the brake pedal all the way up while you start the engine....

I had the same thing happen once before.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:16 PM
toobroketoretire
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by doorgunner

Is it possible the plastic check valve assembly is damaged?

I'm thinking the same thing. As you had just had the plastic check valve pulled out of the booster and your problem suddenly started it seems like something got damaged. I would take the check valve back out and check it.........................

Get notified of new replies

To Brake pedal level dropped

Quick Reply: Brake pedal level dropped