C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking Lights Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 04:10 PM
SirWilliams
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Lights Problem

OK, I have a 1980, when I turn the lights on all the (((REAR))) lights (including marker lights) come on like they should and at the (((FRONT))) the head lights come on (that's it, nothing else) and when I flip the turn signals on the front (yellow) lights flash including the side (yellow) lights and the side (white) lights,but they don't flash. So, in other words "everything works the way they supposed to" except I don't have no front parking lights. I have checked the bulbs (if I did correctly) and they check out good. You guy's / gal's have any ideas ?

Added Note: When I pull the "parking light switch" only the rear lights work, not the front parking lights

Last edited by SirWilliams; 11-21-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:16 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

What year is the car?
Old 11-21-2015, 04:18 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Originally Posted by SirWilliams
OK, when I turn the lights on all the (((REAR))) lights (including marker lights) come on like they should and at the (((FRONT))) the head lights come on (that's it, nothing else) and when I flip the turn signals on the front (yellow) lights flash including the side (yellow) lights and the side (white) lights,but they don't flash. So, in other words "everything works the way they supposed to" except I don't have no front parking lights. I have checked the bulbs (if I did correctly) and they check out good. You guy's / gal's have any ideas ?
AND, do they come on when you pull the switch to the "parking lights" position. If so, they are also working like they should. They are parking lights, not running lights on the earlier year cars.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:25 PM
SirWilliams
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Lights Problem

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
AND, do they come on when you pull the switch to the "parking lights" position. If so, they are also working like they should. They are parking lights, not running lights on the earlier year cars.
Sorry I forgot, it is a 1980 and when I pull the "parking lights position " no they do not come on in the front " only the back"
Old 12-07-2015, 09:09 PM
kansas123
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 279 Posts

When I got my '72, my park lights did not work either, upon investigation, after unplugging the sockets, I found that one of the 'blades' had been flattened out so that it did not plug in...soon as I straightened those blades up and plugged the sockets in, bingo, lite up like a Christmas tree.

Get notified of new replies

To Parking Lights Problem

Quick Reply: Parking Lights Problem