C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

327 headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Ed Coe
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 327 headers?

Am wanting to put on headers on my 327 (man trans no a/c) also stainless magnaflow ex. Any tips or advice? Shorty's? Block hugger? I have cast iron ram horns on there now. Thx in advance

Last edited by Ed Coe; 02-20-2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 02-20-2016, 01:10 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Since your car is old enough to not have to worry about cat converters, etc, I'd go with a set of stainless long tubes.....
Old 02-20-2016, 01:31 PM
Ed Coe
Cruising

Default Thx

[QUOTE=leadfoot4;1591599157]Since your car is old enough to not have to worry about cat converters, etc, I'd go with a set of stainless long tubes.....[/QUOT
Thx, any clearance issues that your aware of?
Old 02-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Ed Coe
Cruising

Default Ps

Also x pipe or not?
Old 02-20-2016, 06:20 PM
sgt kohler
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Coe
Also x pipe or not?
just bought a complete exhaust system off e-bay from corvette central. tight tuck ceramic coated headers, and everything else all the way to the mufflers. only thing extra I had to order was the muffler hangers as they actually bolt into the mufflers. this entire system fit perfectly in my 72 4 speed and was very well made. I did the installation by my self in a day. it has a nice sound to it peter
Old 02-21-2016, 02:45 AM
terrys6t8roadster
Melting Slicks

Received 337 Likes on 280 Posts

I like the Hooker Headers because of the ball socket connection at the collector. Stainless is the best looking and will probably be the longest lasting. Getting non stainless 'Jet Hot' coated reduces the under the hood temperature. T
Old 02-21-2016, 10:30 AM
Little Mouse
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by terrys6t8roadster
I like the Hooker Headers because of the ball socket connection at the collector. Stainless is the best looking and will probably be the longest lasting. Getting non stainless 'Jet Hot' coated reduces the under the hood temperature. T
This is interesting to know. Hooker has started using ball socket connections.

They never once sent me my hooker i paid big money for when i requested the higher dollar call girl one. They offered me the street walker hooker headers but i said i can afford better.

They even promised me a socket connection i could plug into with the right connector said i have this already.

Hey i called and complained said i was supposed to get a professional head job, good socket connection out of this still never delivered on there product. I will never buy hooker headers again.

To the OP do not buy hookers they do not do what they say are a bunch of crooks.

I ordered a damn cam can't remember the company any more but they had a gal riding on top of a camshaft in there advertisement. She never came with the cam.

When i was young wanted a BSA or Norton because they came with really good looking gals. Could not afford one got stuck with Honda's. Later i ran into a few friends sometimes they had a gal with them on the back of there BSA or Norton but they never seemed to look as good as the advertisement showed they would look like. So i asked them about it said they never got there gal in there purchase. Gave them some kind of crap about you had to get your own they had ran out of them.

Somebody needs to do something about all this false advertising companies are getting away with.

Last edited by Little Mouse; 02-21-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 327 headers?

Quick Reply: 327 headers?