C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermediate hood latch cable

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 03:26 PM
jgcable
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Intermediate hood latch cable

Mine was broken on my 1977. It looked like a bicycle cable. I could have spent $50 for a Corvette one. Instead.. I went to Walmart, bought a Bell bicycle brake and shifter cable kit for $7.99 and after a few measurements and chops I had it installed in my car and it looks and works great. The intermediate cable is the one that goes from latch to latch under the hood.
Step one. Cut one end off of the new cable. Step 2. Thread it through the hole in the passenger side latch until the ball end hits the latch. Measure and cut appropriately to reach the other side. Install the black cover over the cable. Attach the new rubber end that comes in the kit. Thread the cable through the latch on the drivers side. Pull it to tension. Install the little barrel compression connector that came originally on your cable and tighten it down with a flat head screwdriver. Test it out. It works!
Old 04-11-2016, 08:51 PM
drwet
Melting Slicks

Received 538 Likes on 413 Posts

That's genius!

Quick Reply: Intermediate hood latch cable