C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denver area LS swaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 08:39 PM
righthanddrive
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Denver area LS swaps

I am hoping to meet someone who has done the swap in a C 3. Iwant to do the same swap, but want to make sure it will fit, since I switched mine to RHD.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Illegal Vette
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by righthanddrive
I am hoping to meet someone who has done the swap in a C 3. Iwant to do the same swap, but want to make sure it will fit, since I switched mine to RHD.

Thanks
I'm not too far from Denver, and have done it to mine. You're welcome to have a look.
The following users liked this post:
righthanddrive (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 09:29 AM
Capt Ken
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default ?

pardon my ignorance, LS?
Old 04-13-2016, 10:24 AM
BrewNinja
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LS as in LSx, the modern v8's. LS1 being a very common one since it was in the camaro's and firebird's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_bas...l-block_engine
Old 04-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Steve Ference
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks
Am i missing something here, why the hell would you want to change your car to RHD?
I am sure the $ cost will be huge, and then if you ever wanted to sell the car, good luck finding a buyer.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:27 PM
righthanddrive
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

I got the steering box and linkage from Australia, and did the rest myself. It wasn't as much as you think, mostly labor figuring out how to put it back together.
It is sooo much fun to have people do a double and triple take when they look at the car.
I have had a few offers to sell the car- but then what ?
There are a few more in the USA, including the Corvette Summer car which is steered by a set of motorcycle chains under the dash.
Anybody can own a Corvette, but how many have righthand drives ?
Old 04-13-2016, 05:46 PM
Steve Ference
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the steering box and linkage from Australia, and did the rest myself. It wasn't as much as you think, mostly labor figuring out how to put it back together.
It is sooo much fun to have people do a double and triple take when they look at the car.
I have had a few offers to sell the car- but then what ?
There are a few more in the USA, including the Corvette Summer car which is steered by a set of motorcycle chains under the dash.
Anybody can own a Corvette, but how many have righthand drives ?
Point taken.

However, i live in England where all cars are RHD. Everyone here knows the Corvette is the premier American sports car and will therefore be LHD, so mine will stay as such.

Get notified of new replies

To Denver area LS swaps

Quick Reply: Denver area LS swaps