C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 sec or better club ( street )

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 07:40 AM
Ibanez540r
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by akdale
ok so im in. mid 12's, then we overdrove the blower by installing a smaller top pully, added a carb and ignition and have not been to the track since. When the weather is nice, it's what I drive to work. My wife drives it and my 25 yr old daughter will to, when Im in the passenger seat of course..
akdale - keep an eye on belt slip with the smaller top pulley (less belt contact), I know the upper is the cheaper route, but have been told/recommended to do the larger bottom pulley to up the boost (I have the 7")
Old 09-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Kacyc3
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by cagotzmann
I was nice to meet up with you. I don't think I will get into the 12's but then I built my car for road courses.

This is my best. Stock ZZ383 with T56 Magnum 6 speed 2.66 1st and 3.08 Rear. Michelin super sport tires.

This is what I like to do to my car. After last weekend track days.

What tires are you running? for street and auto X or road course?
Old 09-13-2016, 02:17 PM
bluedawg
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by sstocker31
Well took it out to the track again tonight.....not quite there yet, best I could do was a 13.08 @ 106 with a 1.91 60'
It was the friday night street drags, but it seemed to me there were more trailered cars there than street driven cars, mine was one of the slowest cars there I think.

Thats it for me this year, I have a bunch of projects at home that need done before winter comes, so I'll have to try again next year.

I would really like to get into the 12's on street tires.....ohhh so close

Ohh ya, I met Cagotzmann out there too, kind of nice to meet someone from the forum and chat cars....
You'll get there.

Originally Posted by akdale
ok so im in. mid 12's, then we overdrove the blower by installing a smaller top pully, added a carb and ignition and have not been to the track since. When the weather is nice, it's what I drive to work. My wife drives it and my 25 yr old daughter will to, when Im in the passenger seat of course..
Seen you on trunk about 2 weeks ago Dale.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:20 AM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 520 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Kacyc3
What tires are you running? for street and auto X or road course?
Michelin super sport (road course)

Quick Reply: 12 sec or better club ( street )