C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Champion Radiator- Noob questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Five Oh
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm running at 200 for about 10 min idling in the driveway. I purged as much air as I could out the system. I'm pretty sure my old water pump was bad it would never build pressure. Drove down the road very briefly before it started raining and it rose to about 205 maybe a little higher and I came back home.

So I'm thinking the water pump was the culprit all along with trapped air probably in both radiators. Still waiting to hear back from champion but keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by Five Oh; 08-04-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:18 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I like my corvettes to run 200 or less, some people talk about being lots hotter is okay, perhaps it is for them, but the reason some c3's were running hotter was the emissions regulations that the factory had to meet not because it was the best for the engine,

One thing I hate about the comp in my fiero if you don't get it up to well over 200 it stays in some silly cold loop and mileage sucks so a hotter stat to keep it up to temps is a must

be sure your puke tank is full....

Quick Reply: Champion Radiator- Noob questions