C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride-Tech suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 12:32 AM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

Originally Posted by wrencher60
Does that set-up use the stock location for the upper shock mount, I wasn't able to find a good picture of that set-up on the car. The picture of the kit showed some little reinforcement brackets, but I wasn't sure where those were installed. The Ride-Tech set-up looks like it moves the shock mount pretty much where the leaf spring would be. Not sure which location is optimal, cause I don't know squat about suspension, but I think with a coil-over set up you need pretty strong mounting points. I think that is why I'm kind of leaning toward the Ride-Tech set-up.
Shock mount reinforcements are included in the package and are to be welded in place.
The coil overs ride on the inside of the half shafts unlike the Ride-tech which rides on the outside of the half shafts. Supposedly the Ride-tech gives a smoother (softer) ride because of that.
I like eliminating the transverse spring and having the straight up and down coil effect as opposed to the Shark-bite angled effect.
Have not ridden it yet so cannot comment on real time experience.
Next year
Bman
Old 07-30-2016, 12:35 AM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

Originally Posted by 69ttop502
I am doing the Ridetech rear on my car. I think the big advantages of the rear system is that the spring and shock are behind the axles so it is more responsive to adjustments. The trailing arms are a work of art also, although Tracdogg is modifying mine to work with my 1480 spindles. I think I am going to love the system!

I also believe Van Steel will be coming out with a newer system according to a couple of posts I have seen. Also Detroit Speed. Can't go wrong with Ridetech though.
Hi Bill,
Was hoping to hear you had yours back on the road by now.
Certainly hope it does not come back in the trailer.
Hope you are having a good season up there.
Typically 95+degrees down here
Dennis
Old 07-30-2016, 01:05 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Crimson Thunder
Where is the added noise coming from?
I'm getting some kind of binding in the strut rods. I replaced the passenger side with a poly rod and the noise went away. I put the heim setup back on. It hasn't had an impact on performance, but at some point I'd like to figure it out.

I put quite a few hours into playing with it, with help from RideTech, but it just dead-ended and I needed to move on to other projects. Not thrilled with it, but I've got an even more annoying noise after my EFI conversion...
The following users liked this post:
Crimson Thunder (07-30-2016)

Quick Reply: Ride-Tech suspension