C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FiTech EFI - O2 Sensor dead - Anyone know replacement Part #?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 12:37 PM
gbarmore
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default FiTech EFI - O2 Sensor dead - Anyone know replacement Part #?

Took the car out today for a spin and ran like crap, AFR at 20.6. Called FiTech and they suggested trying a new Oxygen sensor first. it came with a Bosch but no model / part # was identified and there are 100 different Bosch O2's out there.

Anyone know what the right Bosch replacement is??

I am also getting Fault codes 36 and 105. Seem to point to MAP sensor, not O2, but....

Thanks
Old 09-26-2016, 07:30 PM
DaveL82
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I looked to see if there was info on the web but didn't find a part number. It does however look like it might be a wideband sensor. Best thing would be to pull yours and read the numbers. This should give you the type, wire length, thread size (probably 18mm), and connector type.

I just went through trying to find some sensors for another non vette car of mine. Tried Bosch but they didn't work so had to search for an NTK part. Had to order mine from the UK but in your case once you have the number of the sensor you should be good.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:27 PM
gbarmore
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveL82
I looked to see if there was info on the web but didn't find a part number. It does however look like it might be a wideband sensor. Best thing would be to pull yours and read the numbers. This should give you the type, wire length, thread size (probably 18mm), and connector type.

I just went through trying to find some sensors for another non vette car of mine. Tried Bosch but they didn't work so had to search for an NTK part. Had to order mine from the UK but in your case once you have the number of the sensor you should be good.
So I removed the sensor from the car and it is indeed a Bosch Wideband 5 wire O2 sensor. The apparent model # is 0258007285 (the other #'s on the right do not appear to mean much of anything in my google searching).

So i did a quick Google search on the model # thinking no problem, find it and order it up. We'll, I cannot find this part # on any 'normal' website. I only find in on somewhat suspect sites, and they don't appear to have true Bosch parts, only knock-off's. Can't find it on Summit Racing, Amazon, etc. How can it be that hard to find this Sensor?! Any ideas??
Attached Images  

Last edited by gbarmore; 09-26-2016 at 09:28 PM. Reason: added info

Get notified of new replies

To FiTech EFI - O2 Sensor dead - Anyone know replacement Part #?

Quick Reply: FiTech EFI - O2 Sensor dead - Anyone know replacement Part #?