C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1980 corvette stingray start issues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Darrell Swanson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1980 corvette stingray start issues.

Hello all. I am having some starting issues with my vette. My battery recently died and I got it fully charged. Car started up just fine but an hour later I tried to restart and it cranks great but will not start. I checked fuses, spark, gas, etc. I did notice a harness behind the passenger seat was not fully seated after I seated it I think this may have been when the issue started. What is the harness behind the seat? Does something back there have anything to do with ignition?
Old 12-12-2016, 10:02 AM
ShefmonC3
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darrell Swanson
Hello all. I am having some starting issues with my vette. My battery recently died and I got it fully charged. Car started up just fine but an hour later I tried to restart and it cranks great but will not start. I checked fuses, spark, gas, etc. I did notice a harness behind the passenger seat was not fully seated after I seated it I think this may have been when the issue started. What is the harness behind the seat? Does something back there have anything to do with ignition?
I don't think there is anything behind the passengers seat that could effect starting. There is the power antenna and rear window defogger relay there.
If your getting fuel and a spark and your cranking strong it should fire.
Check spark and fuel once more to confirm your getting both.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:42 AM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

behind clyinderhead passenger side.there is a connector of 4-5 wires.these wires go down to the starter.pull apart connector and see if any connections are burned.

Get notified of new replies

To 1980 corvette stingray start issues.

Quick Reply: 1980 corvette stingray start issues.