C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 08:17 AM
80vette21
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Pulleys

While getting my motor ready to go back in the car, I realized I can't bring myself to put my stock pulleys back on again. Mainly because they're so damn heavy and all that extra weight directly on the crank is just unneeded rotating mass. Plus, they're ugly. So, this has led me to the aggravating task of locating pulleys.

Anybody have any experience with the aftermarket pulleys? I want to stick with V-belt, but obviously go with aluminum. I know March makes Corvette specific pulleys, but does anybody know if the Summit pulleys would work? Summit has a short water pump pulley, but I know ours are slightly different. I'm running an Edelbrock Victor Jr WP if that helps. No AC, just PS, WP, and alternator, so I figured I could get away with a 2 groove crank pulley instead of the old 3 groove I've had on there.

I appreciate any advice. ​​​​​
Old 05-14-2017, 08:42 AM
Dynra Rockets
Burning Brakes

Received 236 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by 80vette21
but I know ours are slightly different. ​​​​​

This. I purchased an aluminum water pump pulley that claimed it would fit a 69 Corvette SB. Great quality but grooves did not align to crank and other accessories, wider spaced. Sent it back.

Quick Reply: Pulleys