C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washer Pump Parts Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:13 AM
Cavu2u
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Washer Pump Parts Question

My first time on rebuilding a Windshield Washer Pump, and cannot find any specific answers on where the 3 little discs go, or the large rubber ring either.

I can only guess the discs are backflow prevention devices and the ring maybe a pump body mount.

I hate guessing.

Thanks.
Steve
Old 05-22-2017, 08:36 AM
Tooch1
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Cavu2u
My first time on rebuilding a Windshield Washer Pump, and cannot find any specific answers on where the 3 little discs go, or the large rubber ring either.

I can only guess the discs are backflow prevention devices and the ring maybe a pump body mount.

I hate guessing.

Thanks.
Steve
Hi Steve, Once you remove the 4 screws on the white plastic washer pump to remove it from the washer assembly. You'll be able to carefully take it apart. It is in two sections. Once you open it up you'll see where the three round seals go. Be careful to notice the way they go. Two face one way, and the third faces the opposite. The round rubber seal replaces the round seal that holds the two together. Pretty easy job. Just make sure you get the little rubber tip on the three little seals all the way through the holes so they seal correctly. I don't see the 3 ring seal in your photo. It should be part of the kit too, I'll show it in my pics from my spare parts. I'll post some photos in a bit, I'll need to go out to the garage.
Here you go Steve!
In there first photo I used two parts to show both sides. (Of course the aged yellow is an original, vs. the white/white reproduction.) The bottom photo shows the opposite side seal.
Hope this helps,
Tooch
Attached Images   

Last edited by Tooch1; 05-22-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Posted pictures.
The following users liked this post:
Cavu2u (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Cavu2u
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 105 Posts

And Thanks to You Tooch, I am now educated and experienced in the procedure.

Many thanks my friend.

Steve
Old 05-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Tooch1
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 311 Posts

Anytime my friend!

Get notified of new replies

To Washer Pump Parts Question

Quick Reply: Washer Pump Parts Question