C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-top restoration

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 10:27 PM
randyj27
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-top restoration

I just purchased a 79 L82 and I thought that the weather stripping in the t-tops was bad but after further inspection I found that the previous owner had already replaced them. The problem is that the frame has actually come unglued from the glass. He had tried to repair but only caused more problems by peeling the black tape like film off the glass. Does anyone know what that film is made of and where I can find it. Thank
Old 06-03-2017, 10:21 AM
hugie82
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

There was a vendor who would replace the glass on broken T tops but I forgot which one. Maybe corvette central??? If not, I'm sure they would know who is doing that work.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:30 AM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by randyj27
I just purchased a 79 L82 and I thought that the weather stripping in the t-tops was bad but after further inspection I found that the previous owner had already replaced them. The problem is that the frame has actually come unglued from the glass. He had tried to repair but only caused more problems by peeling the black tape like film off the glass. Does anyone know what that film is made of and where I can find it. Thank
Melrose T-tops may be able to re-glue the glass to the lid, I don't know what GM used... But Dave at Melrose is who makes the quality reproductions. I wholesale his tops, but maybe he can fix your old one?

Willcox

Get notified of new replies

To T-top restoration

Quick Reply: T-top restoration