C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment shops in Monterey or San Jose area

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Alignment shops in Monterey or San Jose area

I am willing to drive up to the san jose area as i have not had good results with the alignment places in Salinas. I recently upgraded to van steel upper control arms and their smart strut setup along with the borgeson steering box so I'm in need of an alignment. Any recommendation is welcome.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:59 PM
1Fordman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigeddie
I am willing to drive up to the san jose area as i have not had good results with the alignment places in Salinas. I recently upgraded to van steel upper control arms and their smart strut setup along with the borgeson steering box so I'm in need of an alignment. Any recommendation is welcome.
Peninsula Tire on Del Monte in Monterey did a great 4 wheel alignment on my 68 7 years ago. I don't know if the same alignment person is still there.

Last edited by 1Fordman; 06-09-2017 at 04:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bigeddie (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1Fordman
Peninsula Tire on Del Monte in Monterey did a great 4 wheel alignment on my 68 7 years ago. I don't know if the same alignment person is still there.
do you happen to have his name by any chance?
Old 06-09-2017, 04:28 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

i do have like a month before the car is back in the road so i will defiantly be taking my time on deciding where to go. I have been disappointed a few times here in my hometown.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Greasyfingers Nick
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if no or few recommendations..was my case..I had to interview the alignment shops..find a tech that knows vette 4 wheel, how to. but equally important is to research WHAT alignment specs you want to use for your car..and factory may not any longer be correct, depending on your set up, tires, suspension etc. Duntov in Texas has a chart..the reason you are not happy with prior "could be"..not the tech, but the specs. My car wandered til we got it right for the car..which started with research and ended with road test and a do over..the shop was willing to do that.
Bigeddie (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

My problem was and still is finding someone that knows the vette 4 wheel alignment. i have done both stock alignments when suspension was stock and one one VBP specs when I had done the borgeson steering box(they didn't have any because their computer didn't go that far, should have been a warning). Now that i have upgraded some suspension I'm looking for somebody that can dial it in perfectly by doing exactly what you mentioned being an alignment then a test drive and a redo if necessary.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Greasyfingers Nick
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default alignment

Originally Posted by Bigeddie
My problem was and still is finding someone that knows the vette 4 wheel alignment. i have done both stock alignments when suspension was stock and one one VBP specs when I had done the borgeson steering box(they didn't have any because their computer didn't go that far, should have been a warning). Now that i have upgraded some suspension I'm looking for somebody that can dial it in perfectly by doing exactly what you mentioned being an alignment then a test drive and a redo if necessary.
Yep...I bought shims, pins etc ahead of time, had done my wheel bearings, re-set rear ride height etc..tires all good and even..then the alignment was the final task..computerized print out helped see exact results and make the adjustments for the 2nd alignment afterwhich the car was sooooo much better..slot car responsive without wander. Good luck finding shop..then you will be the one to recommend it.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Kid Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 142 Posts

Santa Cruz Tire and Auto did mine. No complaints and seemed to be no big deal for them. They even gave me advice on the settings.
Bigeddie (06-09-2017)
Old 06-10-2017, 12:47 PM
1Fordman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Kid Vette
Santa Cruz Tire and Auto did mine. No complaints and seemed to be no big deal for them. They even gave me advice on the settings.
+1 for them as well. They're on Soquel right where it curves.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

Hmm thats 2 people for that santa cruz place, i will be giving them a call.

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment shops in Monterey or San Jose area

Quick Reply: Alignment shops in Monterey or San Jose area