C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed Unilite ignition module-picked up HP?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:57 PM
ORVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Changed Unilite ignition module-picked up HP?

My car was doing this thing where it would stall every so often. I'd be driving to work, or sitting at a light, and it was just like someone had turned the key off. Always started back up and ran fine, but I was worried it might not some day, so I did some checking and discovered that the module in my Unilite had "opened" (quit working I guess is what this means). Anyway, I ordered the new one from Summit (here in two days!), and replaced it last night. So, today I'm driving to work and I get to this spot where the road is straight with no driveways for about 1/2 mi. and punch it, and I swear this thing has picked up 25HP! I don't know how. Could I have gained that much from a new module? Didn't change anything else. I tried it a few times tonight after work, and same thing. I drive this car alot, and I know how it runs like the back of my hand, and I'm telling you there is a huge difference. I just don't get it. Best $90 I've spent in a while. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Changed Unilite ignition module-picked up HP?