C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Pipes on an 81 Vette? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 08:35 PM
jaybird81
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Side Pipes on an 81 Vette? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Well I have been asking about Headers and true daul exhaust systems for my 81 because I'm getting ready to do some engine work and re-do the exhaust system. I just got back from this cruise night in my town and saw a Vette with aftermarket side pipes. I feel in love. I have always been a huge fan of side pipes. Can I put Side pipes on an 81? Does anyone out there have side pipes aftermarket or original ones on a late C3 like mine. If you do can you please give me advice, Who makes aftermarket ones? How do they go on? If you can give me any advice that would be great, pictures would be great too if it's not too much trouble. Thanks
Old 10-01-2002, 08:42 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Side Pipes on an 81 Vette? ? ? ? ? ? ? (jaybird81)

jaybird81,

You can put them on your 81, I have had them on mine for about 4 years now and love them. I have the aftermarket ones made by Hooker, ceramic metallic coating. DO NOT use the Hooker mufflers, go with STS baffles instead you'll be much happier with them. You can see all kinds of pictures on my site(see below). The headers are fairly easy to get on if you get the car up high enough and take your time putting them on, it's even easier if you have the motor out of the car.

Quick Reply: Side Pipes on an 81 Vette? ? ? ? ? ? ?