C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 07:57 PM
keithl1967
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default LS3 swap

Not sure if I am even truly considering, but I have a line on a great deal for an LS3. Complete motor, comes with intact harness and ECU.

I know I'd need a new oil pan and a swap kit for the engine mounts,
beside the cost of above, what else would I be looking at parts-wise (can I still use my stock Trans(TH350)?

Pitfalls?
Old 07-24-2017, 08:37 AM
mobird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by keithl1967
Not sure if I am even truly considering, but I have a line on a great deal for an LS3. Complete motor, comes with intact harness and ECU.

I know I'd need a new oil pan and a swap kit for the engine mounts,
beside the cost of above, what else would I be looking at parts-wise (can I still use my stock Trans(TH350)?

Pitfalls?

The other big thing (besides wiring) is setting the car up for fuel injection. Best way to do it is to buy an tank that is prepped for fuel injection with an in-tank pump. There are cheaper ways, but they don't work as well.

You can use your stock trans with a flywheel adapter.

If you google "LS Swap C3" you'll find comprehensive threads with parts list.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:10 PM
Neil B
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

You'll need motor mount plates and LS swap headers. You'll also need to modify the heater hose outlets on the water pump to clear the upper a-arm. LS accessory drive setups can also get spendy. You may need a radiator as well.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:08 PM
keithl1967
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks, guys...Just kicking it around...decided to pass...
Old 07-24-2017, 08:46 PM
Tim 1973
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

some other things you have to deal with is, Tach, speedometer if you do not stay with the TH350. I'm using the batwing pan on my LS3 swap. Temperature and oil pressure sending units will also need to be dealt with.

Depending on where your engine trans sit you might need to change the length of drive shaft.

Take a look at a few of the ls swap threads, read them to the end to see if the first change did not work or fit and ended up changing the setup. i know i changed the first way I dealt with the water pump heater out / inlets.

Tim

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 swap

Quick Reply: LS3 swap