C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vintage Air install questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 11:20 AM
Pmccooey
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 100 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Vintage Air install questions

Okay my car is a 69 convertible no A/C. My interior is compltely gutted and body off, laying down dynomat on the interior, DEI on the exterior and figured I would partially install the Vintage Air. My first of probably many questions is the side fresh air vent doors and cables. Right now they are still connected and laying there. With the new Vintage Air do I still need to keep them? Will the cables connect to the center console control with the new vintage air electronic control? I cant fins any mention of it in the instructions, just the caps to cover the other vents.

So anyone that installed this kit in a non A/C car did you just remove the cables and close the doors or keep the doors and cables and still able to use them.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Hayes69
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Just finished my 69 convertible non/a-c. The cables aren't affected and will still operate. I asked the same question and the response was there is really no reason to remove them. I agree.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:28 PM
Pmccooey
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 100 Likes on 89 Posts

Thanks!! I searched the instructions and couldn't find any mention of them. Its good to know, I'll leave them on. Did you close the rear Astro vent? I know the front vacuum lines for the blower and stuff get replaced in the vintage air set up. Were you able to keep the vacuum for the rear Astro vent?
Old 08-13-2017, 06:38 PM
Hayes69
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah. I thought it was strange they didn't mention those also. Not sure about the rear astrovent. When you convert the control panel all the vacuum lines get removed. Guess I'll figure that out at some point. I just want cold air coming out the vents!!

Get notified of new replies

To Vintage Air install questions

Quick Reply: Vintage Air install questions