C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument cluster lights & dash harness light fixtures

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 08:51 AM
hardmansonfan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Instrument cluster lights & dash harness light fixtures

hi guys thanks again for everyones help.....

i had many problems with my dash harness so i decided to purchase a new harness which i did & im almost done instaling it but i noticed that i have extra lightbulb fixtures for the cluster. Before the new harness only one bulb was working on the cluster (unwired gray spin to lock type bulb socket) i have replace all the bulbs with l.e.d. Lights but only 1 works. Now i noticed that on the harness i have a few wired lightbulb fixtures & the instructions indicate its for the cluster i tried to install it but it dont fit... should i just tie them off im not sure what to do please help thanks..... p.s. The printed circut has been replaced (b4 the circut none of the lights work now only one b4 new harness) also should i tie them off separately with electric tape so it dont cause a short ??
Old 09-21-2017, 11:56 AM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

LED bulbs are usually polarity sensitive. What year car? If you got the correct harness it should have the right number and type of light sockets.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:13 PM
hardmansonfan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimAT
LED bulbs are usually polarity sensitive. What year car? If you got the correct harness it should have the right number and type of light sockets.
77 corvette
my car has the alarm on the fender so its 77 early
when i bought the harness it said the same thing so it confusing

Get notified of new replies

To Instrument cluster lights & dash harness light fixtures

Quick Reply: Instrument cluster lights & dash harness light fixtures