C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1982 corvette c3

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 06:21 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Glad that you got it running.

For wiring diagram...try this:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...or-anyone.html

DUB
Old 10-09-2017, 09:02 PM
pauliep103
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just encountered another problem after getting the car started car suddenly shut off and noticed carb overflowing with gas mane carb needs rebuild floats stuck or something or fuel pressure regulator is bad ????
Old 10-10-2017, 05:57 PM
DUB
Race Director

Originally Posted by pauliep103
Just encountered another problem after getting the car started car suddenly shut off and noticed carb overflowing with gas mane carb needs rebuild floats stuck or something or fuel pressure regulator is bad ????
YES...it can be all of the above. I would verify fuel pressure first.

DUB
Old 10-10-2017, 09:54 PM
pauliep103
Intermediate

Will do maybe pressure regulator is to high didn’t check yet, I Noticed when I’m driving the car it’s driving fine then when I stop that’s when the carburetor starts to overflow because it is running directly from battery to pump with the switch on and off so every time I stop the car I have to turn the switch off cause carb starts to overflow is that normal for direct power for the carb to flood while at a light
Old 10-10-2017, 10:25 PM
71VetteLover
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 71 Posts

Will do maybe pressure regulator is to high didn’t check yet, I Noticed when I’m driving the car it’s driving fine then when I stop that’s when the carburetor starts to overflow because it is running directly from battery to pump with the switch on and off so every time I stop the car I have to turn the switch off cause carb starts to overflow is that normal for direct power for the carb to flood while at a light

I believe the ECM provides the power to the fuel pump relay to get it started then after that the oil pressure sender powers the fuel pump relay. So your problem is likely in the three-terminal plug at the oil pressure sender.

The CrossFire Injection has three wires grounded to the lid bolt right in front of the EGR valve and if that ground connection is loose the injectors will start blowing a LOT of fuel into the intake manifold. Another cause of blowing a LOT of fuel is when the 4-wire plug behind your HEI has a bad connection. A manual switch powering the fuel pump will never cause the injectors to blow fuel.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:43 AM
pauliep103
Intermediate

Cross fire was removed I’m running a 4 barrel harley carb
Old 10-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Bigredwing
Melting Slicks

Received 425 Likes on 301 Posts

Am I the only one confused? I think the apples and oranges have been pureed on this one.

Sorry, I went back and saw previously on post #10 that you said you had a carb installed. Since all 82's were fuel injected I had that stuck in my brain. I don't know the complications involved with this modification so I'll back out now and leave it to the experts/modder's. Good luck!

Last edited by Bigredwing; 10-11-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Reread posts and appologized.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:37 PM
pauliep103
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bigredwing
Am I the only one confused? I think the apples and oranges have been pureed on this one.

Sorry, I went back and saw previously on post #10 that you said you had a carb installed. Since all 82's were fuel injected I had that stuck in my brain. I don't know the complications involved with this modification so I'll back out now and leave it to the experts/modder's. Good luck!
😂 thanks guy appreciate everything this forum has opened my eyes and taught me a few things I’m ready to take on the challenge
Old 10-11-2017, 06:02 PM
DUB
Race Director

If you are driving the car and when you stop at a traffic light....and the carb begins to dump fuel like you have mentioned...that IS NOT NORMAL and you need to check out what has been mentioned.

You should be able to crank your engine and let it sit there idling until you run out of gas and have no problems with fuel coming out of the carb.

DUB

Quick Reply: 1982 corvette c3