C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wilwood Caliper Front Pass D8-4 sucking air?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 06:10 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 520 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloodzone
Car starting pulling a month ago. I had new upper/lower control arms and coilovers installed 2 weeks ago. So the suspension should not be a issue. Pads are at 75% or more. I can find no leaks and the shop found nothing while doing the control arm install. They also switched out the rotor so they were all over that wheel. Its really a crazy issue thay I can't find a simple solution for.
Lift the front of the car and see if both front wheels spin with the same effort. Then apply the brakes and release and see if anything changes.

Then could also try moving the brake pads left to right. This is a simple process and requires no opening of the brake lines.

When you remove the pads also carefully inspect the pistons for any signs of contamination on the weak side.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Bloodzone
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 77 Posts

Lift the front of the car and see if both front wheels spin with the same effort. Then apply the brakes and release and see if anything changes. Then could also try moving the brake pads left to right.
This will be a good rainy Sunday project. Its supposed to rain here on Sunday.

Last edited by Bloodzone; 10-06-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Wilwood Caliper Front Pass D8-4 sucking air?