C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions needed for restoration.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Cheech669
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The transmission already was from a wreckers. It had the yellow painted part number on it. The block was not worth saving as the rust was everywhere. The spoiler is not original and the interior is the next headache as the door skins look royal fixed. Again I bought the car fully disassembled and planned on this being a cash hog of replacements. I did not buy this to sell again but more as my casket. Whether I wrap it around a tree smiling from ear to ear or just pass I will be buried in the car I had made for me.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Cheech669
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update.

Engine bay has been painted, and I had a 200r4 rebuilt to handle the motor. Got headers that collect to 3", but after much research I realized that a 2-1/2" exhaust may provide a little better back pressure for the motor. Will be getting quotes on the exhaust parts this week.

All the wiring has been hooked up and interior should be going back in shortly.

With the weather getting better and seeing my neighbor getting his bikes all ready for spring, I'm getting very excited for this car to be finished.

Daughter wants it ready so I can drive to prom in it at the end of may.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:45 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

It sounds like the car is coming along nicely. 3" pipes are what you want for a high horsepower 383. You never ever want back pressure, but you do want the right flow to scavenge the engine which does mean the pipes to do that may have some unwanted restriction. Still, for 450hp you don't want 2.5" pipes.

Last edited by lionelhutz; 04-08-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Suggestions needed for restoration.