C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 09:12 AM
clwi
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Intake question

Hi all,
Just bought a Streetmaster 2 intake at Pomona for my 468 BB, have stock cast one now. Just wondering how it performs comparing with Torker 2 and stock intake. Bought it to reduse weight of engine.
Thanx.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:07 AM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,633 Posts

Apparently it was designed as a gas mileage intake during the fuel crisis. Essentially the same as running peanut ports on a big block. But as long as you're not trying to get 5000 on up RPMs and worrying about your ET's it'll probably do the trick. Especially with European gas prices. I assume you have the car because it's a beautiful car not so much a fast car.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:17 AM
clwi
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by derekderek
Apparently it was designed as a gas mileage intake during the fuel crisis. Essentially the same as running peanut ports on a big block. But as long as you're not trying to get 5000 on up RPMs and worrying about your ET's it'll probably do the trick. Especially with European gas prices. I assume you have the car because it's a beautiful car not so much a fast car.
Its a weekend car, as long as i wont loose power compared to stock intake i will use it, it was cheep so will sell it otherwise.
Engine is 450hp now.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:39 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 598 Likes on 485 Posts

Unless you don't care about RPM past 4500 I wouldn't use it.

http://www.clubhotrod.com/chevy-big-...-2-0-info.html
Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM
drwet
Melting Slicks

Received 538 Likes on 413 Posts

I had a Streetmaster years ago on a small block. It was basically Edelbrock's dual plane manifold before the Performer came along. Worked fine on my application. The guys who are saying its not going to perform well at high rpm's probably aren't wrong, but its not going to be a total slug either. Try it. Worst case scenario, you're out an intake gasket.

Get notified of new replies

To Intake question

Quick Reply: Intake question