C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 01:56 PM
pats67copo
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Default engine question

Hi
Hoping someone can help me with a few things. I have a 72 350 coupe and in looking over things in the engine compartment I've come across three things that are confusing me.
1)On the passenger side of the intake manifold mounted to the manifold is a small what looks like cylinder shaped vacuum item with three vacuum line connections and one wire the wire is hooked up but there are no vacuum lines attached.
2)On the passenger side coming out of the wiring harness next to the down tube of the ignition shielding is a blue wire with one female plug attached plugged into that is a green single wire and at the other end the green wires seems to go into something and splices off into three wires that go into a two prong plug that's not connected to anything
3)On the right hand side on the firewall just below and to the right of the hood pin is a plug with three vacuum hoses that go thru the plug into the wiper area. I have one piece of hose that isn't connected to anything on either side.
I have pictures of all of these things downloaded to my computer but can not figure out how to get them on here.
Any help on any of these items would be appreciated
Old 05-28-2018, 03:12 PM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,633 Posts

Hit reply. Then hit go advanced. Then hit manage attachments. Then it is pretty self explanatory.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:25 PM
bfit
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts

no. Three is the vent from the limit valve.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:07 PM
kansas123
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 279 Posts

See if this answers your questions about #1

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tcs-parts.html
Old 05-31-2018, 12:16 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by pats67copo
Hi
Hoping someone can help me with a few things. I have a 72 350 coupe and in looking over things in the engine compartment I've come across three things that are confusing me.
1)On the passenger side of the intake manifold mounted to the manifold is a small what looks like cylinder shaped vacuum item with three vacuum line connections and one wire the wire is hooked up but there are no vacuum lines attached.
2)On the passenger side coming out of the wiring harness next to the down tube of the ignition shielding is a blue wire with one female plug attached plugged into that is a green single wire and at the other end the green wires seems to go into something and splices off into three wires that go into a two prong plug that's not connected to anything
3)On the right hand side on the firewall just below and to the right of the hood pin is a plug with three vacuum hoses that go thru the plug into the wiper area. I have one piece of hose that isn't connected to anything on either side.
I have pictures of all of these things downloaded to my computer but can not figure out how to get them on here.
Any help on any of these items would be appreciated

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pictures.html

Get notified of new replies

To engine question

Quick Reply: engine question