C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1980 Front Air Dam to Bumper Reinforcements

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 08:44 PM
pmsjr
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 1980 Front Air Dam to Bumper Reinforcements

In the snip I clipped from CC, I circled a part in Red. It doesn't even warrant an arrow or a note saying what number it might be, the name, or if it's even available.

This would be a reinforcement that goes on the lower inside of the front bumper and secures the last 8-10" of the air dam extensions that run under the front of the car. Most of the air dam extension itself is connected to the main center air dam. Those reinforcements are noted, but not the one I have circled. And they're not all part of the same "kit" either. With them so low on the front bumper, I have one that's salvageable, but the other is essentially half there.

Anyone know what to even call those parts so I can do some digging? Or, maybe know where I can source them already?

EDIT:
Part Numbers
14018859 - Left Fascia Reinforcement
14018860 - Right Fascia Reinforcement

It doesn't look like repro's exist, but if anyone knows where, I'd appreciate the lead!

Thanks, Pete S

Last edited by pmsjr; 09-29-2023 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Part Numbers
Old 09-30-2023, 02:13 PM
rmrtrex
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by pmsjr
In the snip I clipped from CC, I circled a part in Red. It doesn't even warrant an arrow or a note saying what number it might be, the name, or if it's even available.

This would be a reinforcement that goes on the lower inside of the front bumper and secures the last 8-10" of the air dam extensions that run under the front of the car. Most of the air dam extension itself is connected to the main center air dam. Those reinforcements are noted, but not the one I have circled. And they're not all part of the same "kit" either. With them so low on the front bumper, I have one that's salvageable, but the other is essentially half there.

Anyone know what to even call those parts so I can do some digging? Or, maybe know where I can source them already?

EDIT:
Part Numbers
14018859 - Left Fascia Reinforcement
14018860 - Right Fascia Reinforcement

It doesn't look like repro's exist, but if anyone knows where, I'd appreciate the lead!

Thanks, Pete S
Top flight has them for about $28. I usually order from them but I wait till I have at least a 100 order so that I get free shipping. Probably cheaper to order the whole front kit. It is about $58 for everything at Top Flight.

Last edited by rmrtrex; 09-30-2023 at 02:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pmsjr (09-30-2023)
Old 09-30-2023, 02:54 PM
pmsjr
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks @rmrtrex . However, those are the upper reinforcements, 203022 in that clip, that hold the fender to the bumper. These would be on the bottom of the bumper to go to those air dam extensions.

...and yes, I try and do the same to group some things together and reduce shipping charges. It's a massive pain when you have a day to get some work done, and almost immediately you realize you need to order a $10 part that costs $20 in shipping. I think at this point I should attribute it to a Corvette tax!!!
Old 10-01-2023, 08:10 AM
bschuus
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

A few years back I needed the same part and I had a hard time finding them. I ended making them.
The following 2 users liked this post by bschuus:
pmsjr (10-01-2023), rmrtrex (10-01-2023)
Old 10-01-2023, 09:57 PM
MMK
Heel & Toe

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I've subscribed in case someone finds a source since I am in the same situation. My passenger side is bad. I also looked for a supplier, but didn't find one and figured I'd have to make one.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:02 PM
rmrtrex
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Guys if you can't find one, I suggest taking old one off if you have it and take it to a machine shop or muffler shop. I am pretty sure they can probably make one there. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To 1980 Front Air Dam to Bumper Reinforcements

Quick Reply: 1980 Front Air Dam to Bumper Reinforcements