C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough when cold - NEED SOME HOLLEY ADJUSTMENT HELP! Anyone in Louisiana????

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 06:58 PM
WAY2FAST
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough when cold - NEED SOME HOLLEY ADJUSTMENT HELP! Anyone in Louisiana????

Hiya, I got a Holley 750 that I need to get adjusted properly and was just wondering if anyone could help me with it or was located in LA that could help me in person! I have a C4 but I feel like a C3 old-skool hybrid (hehe) w/o the TPI and all --- It runs REALLY rough when cold and seems to work better after that. The idle is set really low since the previous owner liked the "dinosaur type growling" it makes at that idle. Someone told me I need to check the idle pump in the carb and maybe change the size of the pump from 30 to 50 or something like that. Can anyone explain this!

I am in Hammond, LA --- I am hoping for some local help! Thanks so much!
Andy
:D
Old 11-21-2002, 09:36 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Rough when cold - NEED SOME HOLLEY ADJUSTMENT HELP! Anyone in Louisiana???? (WAY2FAST)

I am in Louisiana and I too have a 750 dbl pumper. But my carb knowledge is limited. I probably wouldn't be able to help much. But if you would like to meet with the rest of the "Louisiana Misfits" and myself, let me know. We may get together at hooters soon. :yesnod:

Quick Reply: Rough when cold - NEED SOME HOLLEY ADJUSTMENT HELP! Anyone in Louisiana????