C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'82 Corvette Rear End Asm. Take a Look

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: '82 Corvette Rear End Asm. Take a Look (1yy07)

No, you have an FE7 equipped 82, which as it seems ALL had the alu struts. There aren't that many FE7 equipped 82's. Most have the standard suspension with the monoleaf.

Marck
Old 01-05-2003, 04:15 PM
1yy07
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: '82 Corvette Rear End Asm. Take a Look (Twin_Turbo)

The CVT black book says fe7 5,457 @61.00 :smash:
Old 01-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Eds82
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '82 Corvette Rear End Asm. Take a Look (1yy07)

It looks like I too have the FE7 option. H beam struts, heavy duty steel spring and rear sway bar. Production # 25232.
:cool: :cheers:
Old 01-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Default Re: '82 Corvette Rear End Asm. Take a Look (PROSOUTH)

It seems that there was a scorched place about the size of a dime from a machine that made the door panels right at the top rear corner of them.
Hey tis rings a few bells, I know of a CE here in the Netherlands that has strange burn like marks at the top rear of the doorpanels

Please tell me more about this

Marck
Old 01-05-2003, 06:22 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: '82 Corvette Rear End Asm. Take a Look (Twin_Turbo)

Marck, I was a young man about your age in 1980. My Ex-Wife got the '78 White Coupe and I had just purchased a '70 454 4spd A/C Bridgehampton Blue Coupe with black.....................

Oh, you mean the '82 CE :D

That's about the whole story, somehow the vendor that supplied the door panels let their Quality Control slip by some faulty product.

At the top rear of the panel, approximately where the locator screw goes, is a scorched spot about the size of a Dime. The flaw was identified and a hold was put on the CE's until replacement Door Panels could be installed.

I earlier posted that Chuck the Rep had bought 100 sets of them, it was actually 50 pair. I purchased 10 pair to trade on at the time. I was going to put a set in my '70 with the Silver-beige Carpet from ACC thay will custom build carpets if you want from their factory. I was a dealer of theirs at the time.

The Scorch was on both sides. I have no idea how the machind worked or why it was that hot. It was a pronounced little spot.

One more thing of interest on the Collector Car was a Silicon Injection of the leather to help preserve the color and resist wear. This also made it impossible to dye later.

I sold '82 DUKMAN Chris Eisemant a Trooper from PA a set for his car. only one of these was worth using as a man I sold them to tried to dye the panels and ruined the drivers side panel. I sent them to Chris and I think he bought an after market panel to replace the bad one.

It is possible that some of these were in the field and that a Field Complaint was the reason for discovery. Another idea is that the first cars made had already been shipped to foreign countries to enable a target release date. Merely speculation on all of this.

You noted that a friend of your has a '82 CE. Does it or yours have the standard US tail light lens in it or are they Yellow? Yellow/Red or what? JIM
Old 01-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Default Re: '82 Corvette Rear End Asm. Take a Look (PROSOUTH)

The CE has standard US lights, with the front changed to E marked lights (the hellas with H4 removeable bulbs)

C3's were not oficialy imported and sold here in Europe. I think this CE came from the US somewhere in the beginning of the 90's because it has early 90's plates on it

Pretty cool info, a lot of people don't know this stuff :)

Marck

Quick Reply: '82 Corvette Rear End Asm. Take a Look