C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 08:37 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coilovers

What is needed to get coilovers onto the front suspension? Corvettefaq.com has a link to some pictures that I looked at and my dad was saying it'd be nice to have shocks you could adjust for street and strip with ease. I know I can get shocks like these without coilovers, but then the ride height change would also be nice. Are coilovers only available in a bolt through design? I was thinking I could just take two angle shaped brackets, a hole drilled on each face and bolt the lower one in the stock location. Perhaps I could do similiar for the top, but do it on the wheel well side. I'm just thinking. Someone should just make a kit to do all four couners. I don't think the back will be that hard, just getting enough room for the unit would be.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:08 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Coilovers (Schmucker)

I just saw a post by someone recently who installed coilovers. I'd run a search for a previous post. They looked great and didn't seem too hard to install.
:smash: :smash:
Old 02-21-2003, 12:16 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Re: Coilovers (Schmucker)

i'm curious why you would want to go through all that for an 'arguable' benifit when there are already options that will allow everything you want.
the thing about coilovers on the c-3 is the shock tower isn't strong enough to support the weight. or at least so i'm told.
with a set of double adjustable conventional shocks and something like the VB front monospring should accomplish everything with less cost and less modification.
just my $.02. outside the adjustability, i've never been a big fan of coilovers.

Get notified of new replies

To Coilovers

Quick Reply: Coilovers