C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Car Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 03:56 PM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Drag Car Advice? (Matt Gruber)

i sure agree with 427hotrod!
i owned an orange flame 76, and at 4 way stops i ALWAYS got waved on. My brother-in-law had one too, when he traded it on a then new '80 WHITE, he became invisable!He hated it and sold it.
Odds are no other car will ever turn heads like that flame orange c3. :cool:
I can vouch for the Orange C3 thing. :yesnod:
And, when it's a '76 that looks plain-vanilla on the outside, you can impress the heck out of folks when you're bumping up against the 11s at 114 or so.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Drag Car Advice? (bence13_33)

Shane, if you show up in a camaro I don't think everyone at the track will care even if it goes faster than the vette. The fact is that you won't be the guy with the fast vette anymore. You will be just another guy with a fast F body (or whatever body it has). Worse would be that you would be another guy with a fast car that used to have a vette.

Stay with the vette man, if it doesn't go any faster then heck...it's plenty fast to have fun with isn't it? Why not open some more doors with the vette. I believe the best things about a vette is the suspension...it handles like a dream on a road course. Get into some auto-cross or go ahead get your SCAA license so you can do some SOLO I road racing. :steering: You say that shifting gears is fun, then I think you will love autocross and SOLO I.

I believe if you start focusing on the drag strip then you might as well just save up your money and buy a nitro funny car or top fuel dragster instead of just splashing around in the wading pool.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:12 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: Drag Car Advice? (norvalwilhelm)

Norval:
You are correct. I still take Robyne out once or twice every week to get something to eat. I also still pamper her and buy her gifts every so often just for the heck of it. It's still nice to spend the money that I have leftover on the Corvette. I also still enjoy spending my occassional free time on the 'Vette.

I have decided to stick with the Corvette. I have also decided to continue to inch my way towards 11s. When the time comes I'm going to talk to my buddy and see if he can fix me up with a nice cage.

bloodvette:
The signature is just for laughs. If it was still stock it wouldn't run near the times it's turning now :) .

rocknroll:
I agree, the Camaro won't be nearly as eye-catching as the 'Vette. I don't think my car would like autocrossing very much :) . The 28" slicks and small tires up front won't handle all that great. Not to mention I don't think it's my cup of tea. I've never really cared if my car handled great or if it could do 180mph. I've always enjoyed blasting down the 1/4 mile, I love the feeling of out accelerating someone. I have also discovered that I don't really care much for bracket racing. I'm more of a "head's up" racer.

Quick Reply: Drag Car Advice?