C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody ever use the Color Cure Chipstick wax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 11:15 PM
80Xflags
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody ever use the Color Cure Chipstick wax?

Anybody ever use the Color Cure Chipstick wax by Turtle Wax? I saw it in the auto parts store a while ago and it looked like a pretty good idea to fill up some chips and scratches. I'm just curious to see if anyone has used it and what you thought of it.

Here's a link to their web page: http://www.turtlewax.com/products/pages/colorcure1.htm

:cheers:
Matt
Old 07-03-2003, 12:12 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Anybody ever use the Color Cure Chipstick wax? (80Xflags)

I used it (red) on mine. It's a decent wax, nothing spectacular. Meguires is much better. The ONLY benefit is that the residue was red, instead of white, so it didn't show in the cracks as much.

The "lipstick" I do use to fill in the 2 chips that I have. It's more like a crayon than anything.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:12 AM
goofygrin
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody ever use the Color Cure Chipstick wax? (BSeery)

Yup its just a crayon.

I bought one in green for the wifes old car. The crayon really filled in this nice scratch she had. The wax is nothing special.

For my old truck, I just got out a black crayon and filled in the scratches right before I sold it :D. It looked pretty good, but the crayon (the TW and the real one) tended to fade pretty quickly.

I do use the green one I have on my vette just to cover up the monster chips so that they are not white (a dull green is less obvious than a big white chip).

BTW, I got my green on sale at Wal-Mart for only a couple bucks, otherwise I would have never bought it.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody ever use the Color Cure Chipstick wax?

Quick Reply: Anybody ever use the Color Cure Chipstick wax?