C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

braided fuel line?

Old 12-05-2003, 02:17 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default braided fuel line?

what are my options for braided fuel line for fuel pump to inline filter to edlebrock carb...?
where should i look? summit?
Old 12-05-2003, 06:47 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: braided fuel line? (SIGNGUY)

summit has a chrome fuel pipe with AN fitting on the end for your edelbrock, it also has a filter I think but you need to check to make sure, from that you run a -6 line to your pump and use the appropriate adapter on your stock pump, earls makes those and summit carries them too.

Be warned though, once you go braided every hose in your engine bay will look like shiat and you'll end up replaceing them all for braided meaning $$$$$$

[Modified by Twin_Turbo, 5:48 AM 12/5/2003]
Old 12-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

what are my options for braided fuel line for fuel pump to inline filter to edlebrock carb...?
where should i look? summit?
Yes. That's what I did. It's not cheap though. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...rt=SUM%2DG3128 They get around $37 for the hose and fittings just from the pump to carb. Then add another $28 for a filter and $5 each for two more fittings to connect it. Check out the CorvetteFAQ. There's a link to a post that I created when I did my braided hose last summer.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:08 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: braided fuel line? (Scooter70)

I hope you like :cuss a lot. I sure do when I have to assemble braided cable.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:57 PM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: braided fuel line? (BSeery)

I hope you like :cuss a lot. I sure do when I have to assemble braided cable.
:iagree: , But it does look great when you have it done. :cool:
Old 12-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes it can be done. I have the Russel fuelline that runs from the carb to the pump, and it also has an in line fuel filter. Check out Horsepower TV this Saturday or Sunday because they will be installing and Edelbrock manifold and Edelbrock carb on a El Camino. The set up they used was the solid chrome fuel line with the filter and at the other end at the fuel filter they used braided hose to the fuel pump. So Im convincee it can be done. I have an Edelbrock carb but my line on the other end of the filter to my fuel pump is metal and about 2 1/2" rubber hose. I changing over to braided hose since I saw this show.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:10 PM
1979vett550hp
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: braided fuel line? (Oldguard 7)

i have braided line on my 79 BB. I ran it from the tank to the fillter from the filier to the electric fuel pump, from the pump to the regulator then to the carb. first i put in 6an but when i started up the 454 for the first time the 6an just wasnt enough gas so i put on 10an line. it wasnt that hard... the second time. haha

Get notified of new replies

To braided fuel line?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: braided fuel line?