C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lower speedometer cable installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 07:55 PM
guitar308
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lower speedometer cable installation

hi im trying to install a lower speedometer cable on an 81 vette with cruise control. the speedmeter cable i got was from ecklers and has a plastic tip on the end which goes into the cruise contorl box and the other end is metal which goes into the transmission. when i get both end installed the end with the plastic seems to be a little to big. the old speedometer cables plastic end was much smaller but also worn which is why is was not working. does anyone know what to do here or have any experience installing the lower speedometer cable. any help would be appreciated. thank you
Old 02-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

Default Re: lower speedometer cable installation (guitar308)

Is the plastic tip on the C/C end too fat or too long? Too long you might be able to trim it a little shorter (I would first make certain the other end is fully seated in the transmission adapter). Too fat maybe could be filed to the proper size, but make sure there isn't a build up of crud in the C/C preventing it from going in. Aftermarket parts are not always what they should be, often takes a little persuasion in a gentle way to make them work. :smash:
Old 02-15-2004, 12:12 AM
guitar308
Advanced

Default Re: lower speedometer cable installation (Big Fish)

it seems as though it is to long. the cable is meant to fit i think like 76-82 corvettes. but the tip is very pointed at the end. should it be that pointed? and if i cut it will it have to be that pointy again. thanks
Old 02-15-2004, 11:29 PM
guitar308
Advanced

Default Re: lower speedometer cable installation (guitar308)

any ideas? this is the last thing i need to get working for inspection. any help would be greatly apperciated.

Get notified of new replies

To lower speedometer cable installation

Quick Reply: lower speedometer cable installation