C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 tank sticker

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 10:55 AM
jimiscnc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 68 tank sticker

I dropped the tank and the good news is the sticker is there.

the bad news is its got 36 years of dust welded all over it and its as delicate as parchment from an egyptian mummy's tomb.

Only info I've found online is to take it to a document restoration service and $250 later it wil be cleaned and put in a plastic pouch for you.

any do it yourself tips out there?

thanks

jim :rofl:
Old 03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
tonyk72
Racer

Default Re: 68 tank sticker (jimiscnc)

Just curious, Could you see the sticker by pulling back the rubber boot by the filler?

As for advice, I once read that if the tank sticker ink is "gone" and you have a real tuff time trying to make out how it reads...there are digital cameras out there with infa-red imaging (for night time shots) that if used to snap a picture of your tank sticker, it will reveal the print.
Don't know if thats true or if that would apply to your situation...just wanted to give you a heads up.
:cheers:
Old 03-03-2004, 05:09 PM
71vert
Instructor

Default Re: 68 tank sticker (jimiscnc)

tonyk,

You can usually see the tank sticker on the tank by taking off the boot and the tank cap and shing a flashlight on top of the tank, its very easy to do and takes 10 minutes. It may however be hard to see if it is covered with dirt.
I have found 2 by looking throught the top of the gas tank.

Get notified of new replies

To 68 tank sticker

Quick Reply: 68 tank sticker