C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Simba
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://members.cardomain.com/highness http://www.cardomain.com/id/highness
go there for pics(cant figure out how to post here)
I'm having some issues with the wiring on my '76 L48. Down at the bottom of my site there's a little collage, I've dotted 3 wires in question:red, yellow and blue. They either connect to or around my starter. The red one has continuity between the red wire on the connector on top of my alt, my alt power feed, and the connector under my master cylinder. The yellow one I'm damn sure is a ground, it has continuity between my alt. ground and my hood switch ground....so it's a ground, right? The other one I can't find continuity anywhere. It has a fusable link on it and the link is good. Just someone with a '76 tell me where they go..please!!! I have purchased wiring diagrams and I'm still stumped. I want to drive my vette this summer, dammit! :rant:

[Modified by Simba, 12:56 AM 4/22/2004]
Old 04-21-2004, 07:33 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Default Re: HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Simba)

Sorry dude- that's a bad link.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Simba
Heel & Toe

Default Re: HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! (79VetteMike)

if you mean the link to my page and not the link in my wiring; i just tride the link.....worked for me but ill try again http://www.cardomain.com/id/highness or this one http://members.cardomain.com/highness

[Modified by Simba, 12:57 AM 4/22/2004]
Old 04-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Boofers
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no problem with the link. :p: :D

I have a 77 and I am going from memory here because my car is not with me here at my office sorry, so don't take my word as gold, hopefully I can help get you headed in the right direction though.

The big +batt cable looks right. Also connected to that same terminal should be the wire that connects the entire rest of the car with +batt. I can only assume this is your blue wire so it looks correct. You could verify continuity with this blue wire and probably most of your fuses.

On the other post of the starter solenoid you should have your 'start' wire. This is the wire that has +batt on it when your clutch switch is pressed in and you turn the key to start. I can only assume that this is your red wire. To verify try your DVM continutity check from +batt to this red wire and then push in your clutch and turn key to start (do this with battery disconnected of course). If you get beep then its your start wire.

I have heard of some starter solenoids having three terminals, mine has two. On mine the only ground connection is the thick wire that goes from the frame to the engine block/starter bracket. If your solenoid has only two terminals then don't your yellow wire on. If it has three terminals then I don't know how to hook it up... Good luck!
Old 04-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Simba
Heel & Toe

Default Re: HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Boofers)

Ihave a76and it has a 3 post cyliniod.....and its an automatic if that helps anyone help me........i wish i had a pic of someones starter.......also i have isolated the ignition switch wire and hooked it to the drivers side terminal

[Modified by Simba, 1:09 AM 4/22/2004]

[Modified by Simba, 1:12 AM 4/22/2004]
Old 04-21-2004, 08:26 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK form the wiring diagram for a 74, the large black wire is from the battery and goes on the large stud on the solenoid, with this is a red wire that powers the car (goes to a junction block). the terminal marked R on the solenoid there is a yellow wire that goes to the coil ('+' side i believe), and from the terminal marked S on the solenoid there is a purple wire that goes to the ingnition switch (on the 74 it goes through a seatbelt interlock relay.

hope this helps
Steve :steering:
Old 04-21-2004, 09:22 PM
wacked
Race Director

Location: If the world didnt suck, we would all fall off. Troy,Ohio.
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Default Re: HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! (stpman)

Is this what your talkind about?

It looks like a ault. wire.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:24 PM
wacked
Race Director

Location: If the world didnt suck, we would all fall off. Troy,Ohio.
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Default Re: HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wackedvette)

The one with the arrow.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Simba
Heel & Toe

Default Re: HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wackedvette)

No, dude, I'm talking about the 3 wires in the picture that I dotted red, yellow, and blue. The other two pictures with the arrows are where I have continuity with the wire I dotted red. And the wire I dotted yellow has continuity with my alternator ground. The wire I dotted blue...I have no clue. It has a fusable link I know is good. [IMG][/IMG]

Get notified of new replies

To HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!