C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interested in buying a C3 need thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 10:19 PM
superbowtie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default interested in buying a C3 need thoughts

I recieved 5k from an aunt for a final gift before she passed away and i'm decided to buy something i'll always keep and thats a vette. now i'd like to have some thoughts on what year of the C3 is a good year with keeping in quality of build, interior quality and durability. etc.. how well does the rear end hold up in them? are they all dana 44? whats some key items I should look at? the car will be drag raced, cruised constantly, and extensively loved. :D :D :D
Old 05-24-2004, 11:36 AM
copter
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: interested in buying a C3 need thoughts (superbowtie)

My advice is to put another 10 with that five and you'll get something that will make your aunt proud.Otherwise you will end up buying someone elses problem.A good C3 is not cheap anymore. :cheers:
Old 05-24-2004, 12:13 PM
superbowtie
Pro

Default Re: interested in buying a C3 need thoughts (copter)

thats taken into mind believe you me. I'm debating either saving and getting a 68-73 convt. or saving til I can get a C5 FRC. :yesnod:
Old 05-24-2004, 12:22 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My advice is to put another 10 with that five and you'll get something that will make your aunt proud.Otherwise you will end up buying someone elses problem.A good C3 is not cheap anymore. :cheers:
I'd say more like another 10 to 15 with the 5. For 20k you can get a nice sb bumper car already done or for 25k a vert. This would be a no appologies, turn the key and drive car. For $5k you will be lucky to get a reliable driver 75 that needs paint. I might also add that for good money if you take care of it you can get your money back. The C5 is still depreciating. Don't get me wrong-I love a project. But $5k buys a project, not a super-nice driver C3 these days.

[Modified by markdtn, 11:26 AM 5/24/2004]
Old 05-24-2004, 01:39 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,513 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Default Re: interested in buying a C3 need thoughts (superbowtie)

The only decent C3s you might find in that range are '75-'77. the horesepower was down, so that don't command high money. I have seen some very nice ones around 8k.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:53 PM
iPlanet
Intermediate

Well said. I made a mistake many years ago I wanted a 73 real bad I saw BB for $10K that needed interior work and paint etc etc and a 73 SB that had a frame off for $17,000 Well I bought the 73BB thinking I can use the $7K to fix-it up Big mistake I dumped a ton of money in the dam think and barely scratched the surface I finally sold the money pit. To my surprise the guy still had his 73 that had the frame off and it was still for sale. Seems no-one wanted to pay for quality. I gladly hand over the $17,000 and I am now the happiest Vette owner. Always try to buy the best vette for the money you will never go wrong buying quality. Hope the will help yaw make a decision.

[Modified by iPlanet, 6:56 PM 5/24/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To interested in buying a C3 need thoughts

Quick Reply: interested in buying a C3 need thoughts