C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

President Bush is here in Reno!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 02:35 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (gkull)

I though we had a special forum section for politics?
Old 06-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (groovyjay)

I though we had a special forum section for politics?

Moderator?
Old 06-19-2004, 04:19 PM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (Cali,68,L-79)

BTW the downward spiral started well before Clinton left office.[/QUOTE]
It ALL isnt dubya"s fault,,,,,,,,,,,,Peace,,,,,,,,,,Craig
Old 06-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Kelly Burnside
Melting Slicks

Location: Screw you guys, I'm going home.... Homeless in Ohio
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (moosie982)

I am not blaming anyone but the econmy. But isn't that part of the government to make sure that the economy is stabalized?
As for changing my career..... The IT field is still one of the best fields to go into besides being a doctor or something like that. To change my careeer now would be really out of the question. I would need to go back to college and start all over again with a career that may or may not be better.
Of course, I could start flipping burgers at McDonalds!!! That would be a career move.
As for getting off my butt and doing something about it, I have attended classes and passed the CCNA test. If this isn't a step in the right direction then I do not know what is. And it is one of the hardest test to pass and there are jobs out there for Cisco people. Keep your fingers crossed.

and Yeah, I agree, let's get off of the politics on this forum!!!

and one last thing, thanks Chuck for the encouraging statement.

[Modified by Kelly Burnside, 9:41 PM 6/19/2004]

[Modified by Kelly Burnside, 9:45 PM 6/19/2004]
Old 06-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Frank75
Burning Brakes

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (Kelly Burnside)

Yeah, I agree, let's get off of the politics on this forum!!!

Don't get me started on that!!!!
Old 06-20-2004, 02:03 AM
R 73 454
Racer

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (Frank75)

I'm no liberal, pretty conservative actually, but BUSH IS A BUNGHOLE! VERY SCARY!!! Him and his criminally pro Israeli cabinet! Now let's get back to cars!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:19 AM
vettedan
Drifting

President Bush is the only choice! Look at the Elitist alternative.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (vettedan)

Cali for President!

Old 06-21-2004, 12:36 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,338 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (Cali,68,L-79)

I never meant for this to be a political discussion. I will say that in a free country like ours that the leaders have very little to do with what happens job wise to any of us.

You are the master of your own destiny! Good or bad you made life choices along the way.

Years ago I got laid off in a corporate merger and I was stunned I had a house and a Vette and a daughter. Unemployment wasn't even enough to cover my house payment. So I went out and did something I had never done before. I went out and got a job in home construction. Hot sweaty 10-12 hour days. Allot different from my air conditioned computer rooms that I was used to. I didn't blame the President!
Old 06-21-2004, 02:14 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,338 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Kelly, I hope you get a job. I'm a systems administrator in county government. The counties are big here and we employ @2400 people.

I have been on lots of oral hiring boards and after Human Resources gets done and gives us the 6-10 finalists. My advice in filling out applications is type them. Make them very clear and if they only give you 3-4 lines like our form does on previous job descriptions. Add on additional sheets to describe each previous job you have and slant them towards the job description that the job posting is looking for.

Like most of all I.T. type jobs here it will ask for 2 - 4 years of college and 2 years of experience or six years of experience in lieu of formal school. Make sure your application covers just what they ask. Jobs are so competitive that HR screens out most of the people that we never even see an application until the 6- 10 finalist.

Everybody on the Oral review board gets the applications a couple of day ahead of time. So I read them over and already have an opinion before you show up for a days worth of interviews for new employee selection.

If the IT job is asking for someone with Firewall experience and you have a limited amount of hands on I would study up on it days ahead of time. If they are asking for a person that knows about data base administration or legato tape back up. Study for the area described in the job posting.

There is a fine line between lying on an application and stretching the truth to get your foot in the door. Most companies will immediately send you to training. Both formal and on the job.

So the most important thing is to be in the top few percent on the application to get through Human Resources Screening. Get some lists of practice questions that corporations seem to use these days. Most of them are situational and they don't have a right or wrong answer it's how you clearly present each answer to their questions. Then be confident and honest.

I got a job at Summit Racing a few years back when they first open here. You had to pass the application to get invited in to do a written test. Which got you screened down to the top people for oral interview. One of the questions that I'll always remember is.

Have you ever stolen from an employer? My answer was: "Nothing that I could ever brag about!" They all started laughing
Then I went on to explain that probably everybody has a pen at home, right!

[Modified by gkull, 1:15 PM 6/21/2004]

[Modified by gkull, 1:31 PM 6/21/2004]
Old 06-21-2004, 02:42 PM
m1k3
Instructor

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (Kelly Burnside)

Sorry, but I feel that since Bush got into office, things have gone downhill.
[Modified by Kelly Burnside, 1:41 PM 6/19/2004]
Garbage. Don't forget, the dot-com bubble began to burst while Clinton was still in office. I know this, because I was laid off from a dot-com job at the end of June in 2001. Many of my friends were jobless or soon-to-be jobless before I was.

I'm in IT as well. Since W was elected, I have had over a 25% increase in annual salary, picked up a '75 Stingray, and am scheduled to pick up my '04 Machine Silver C5 tomorrow. My situation has done nothing but improve since W got elected.

The only difference between you and I is that I live in SoCal and you live in what I would imagine is not exactly a Tech-Mecca (most of my family is from Erie, PA so I do know what it's like back east.)

You simply cannot blame any branch of the federal government for a lack of technology-oriented jobs in your area. Look at Virginia - they're pretty far away from Silicon Valley and they have many large tech oriented companies there in the northern part of the state such as AOL. Why? Because the local and state governments enticed them to plant their roots there. And they've stayed ever since. The Governator is trying to do the same out here again.

I don't intend to beat up on you, just asking you to be fair when evaluating the Prez. Good luck with the job search, I know it ain't fun.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:59 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Hide your wallet....
Old 06-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Rottenrob
Burning Brakes

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (pws69)

Pray that President Bush makes the right decisions is right... pray

Why has this OT thread gone on so far in this section? In the interest of equal time those not happy with President Bush's go here: http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbuti...himanyway.com/ - A good site.

:flag I love my country too, and it's time for a regime change.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:30 PM
SuprJames
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (Rottenrob)

One thing you gotta give Bush is that he is brave!! Most people would've folded to the mounting pressure by the U.N. and the rest of the world by now, but we are on a steady (although ruff) course.

Say what you want about republicans, but if Gore were in office we'd be still be trying to figure out what to do about 9/11. Kerry sounds even less decisive. BTW, what kind of pansy jerk requests medals???

I'd be willing to bet that most Vette owners are conservative.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (SuprJames)

One thing you gotta give Bush is that he is brave!! Most people would've folded to the mounting pressure by the U.N. and the rest of the world by now, but we are on a steady (although ruff) course.

Say what you want about republicans, but if Gore were in office we'd be still be trying to figure out what to do about 9/11. Kerry sounds even less decisive. BTW, what kind of pansy jerk requests medals???

I'd be willing to bet that most Vette owners are conservative.
My issue with Bush is 9/11 had nothing tio do with Iraq and the original job in Afghanistan was nver completed. Al Qaida members just beheaded another American. Bush and his cabinet had an agenda to get Saddam from day one and I firmly believe 9/11 was the cover to do so. No links to WMDs or Al Qaida.

The last part, if really true, indicates that our urrent government lied to us and deceived us resultingthe the loss of American (an Iraqi) lives in a what I would view as a military coup to overthrow a foreign government. We impeached Clinton for Monica and not Bush for this???

As to Bush being brave enought to stand up to the UN, Bush isn't smart enough. I do ot believe he is calling the shots. The 9/11 commission reports now show that Cheney was the one to order the jets shot down on 9/11 NOT the President.

As for the course in Iraq, once they have control and they ask us to leave, will we? Even the current transitional council has threatened Martial Law if the insurrgents continue. Thee are too many distinct, must have it my way groups in Iraq to peacefully coexist without a forceful government. Why do you think Israel is such a mess and run with an iron fist. It has to be or the country collapses.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Saddam should still be in power or that the Israeli givernment is right, or even that I will vote for Kerry (not sure if he would be better). I am just pointing out facts.

As far as the economy, that is not a function of a single President. It is cyclical and nothing will change that. As for the tax cuts helping the economy, be studying economics too long to even think that the tax cut helped.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:33 PM
m1k3
Instructor

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (Robert N)

My issue with Bush is 9/11 had nothing tio do with Iraq and the original job in Afghanistan was nver completed. Al Qaida members just beheaded another American. Bush and his cabinet had an agenda to get Saddam from day one and I firmly believe 9/11 was the cover to do so. No links to WMDs or Al Qaida.
Because of the media's general liberal bias (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN) you must have missed the following piece of news:

Vladimir Putin admitted last week that Russia supplied the US government with intelligence that strongly suggested Saddam's regime was collaborating with others on an attack on US interests. This was before the war started. Still think it had nothing to do with terrorism now?

Also, this 'no WMD's' crap is nonsense. They fired SCUD's during the war, and our troops found a weapon that was equipped with the Sarin nerve agent just a few weeks ago. Both are WMD's. Does this qualify as a 'weapons cache'? Probably not. However, typically where there's smoke, there's fire. Iraq is the about the size of the state of California. It's gonna take time to find stuff.

If you're wishing Bush out of office, be careful what you wish for; you just may get it. Since John Kerry has been campaigning for his White House bid, he has missed over 80% of US Senate floor votes. Many of these votes' outcome could have been directly influenced by his vote. He can't even manage to do his job as a Senator. How can he be trusted to handle a bigger job?

And don't even get me started on the 'I didn't throw my medals, I only threw my ribbons' thing. That's truly Clinton-esque. Next he'll be debating the definition of the word 'is' just like Slick *****!
-Mike
Old 06-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (m1k3)

Vladimir Putin admitted last week that Russia supplied the US government with intelligence that strongly suggested Saddam's regime was collaborating with others on an attack on US interests. This was before the war started. Still think it had nothing to do with terrorism now?

Was after the attcks on 9/11. Check the sources.

Does this qualify as a 'weapons cache'? Probably not. However, typically where there's smoke, there's fire

Then no one should cry wolf. We were told the weapons where there in huge quantities by Powell at the UN. When they find the fire, I will jump and run. Until then, no weapons cache equal to or greater than what was described, I have to be skeptical.

If you're wishing Bush out of office, be careful what you wish for; you just may get it.

Never said I was wishing him out of office if you read my post thoroughly.

[Modified by Robert N, 2:48 PM 6/21/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To President Bush is here in Reno!

Old 06-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Lt1er
Drifting

Robert N - Your perception of fact and fiction is the same!

Since when did Bill Clinton get impeached over Monica? He should have been impeached for selling the White House and his deals with China.

Have you ever seen the list of scum that he gave presidential pardons to? All within hours before leaving the white house? All to the highest bidder! He probably was helping Hillary pack all the items they were stealing as they left. Pure trailer trash!

[Modified by Lt1er, 5:04 PM 6/21/2004]
Old 06-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: President Bush is here in Reno! (Lt1er)

Robert N - Your perception of fact and fiction is the same!

Since when did Bill Clinton get impeached over Monica? He should have been impeached for selling the White House and his deals with China.
Wrong choice of words. He was brought up on impeachment charges for
his actions and lies regarding the Monica issue. I never said he should not have been impeached for the other issues, nor did I state anything positive about him or his time in office.

Have you ever seen the list of scum that he gave presidential pardons to?

I agree with you completely.

I love these discussions but we need to fully read the posts and not jump off the handle.

I will repeat that I have not mentioned whom I would vote for in November, or even if I will vote. What if I said that I was voting for Bush even though with what I said above since Kerry is probably worse? Would that change the tone of the posts?

I am just playing Devil's advocate.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Kelly Burnside
Melting Slicks

Location: Screw you guys, I'm going home.... Homeless in Ohio

wow, this post is still going on?? I just made one comment and it got blown out of wack.
You know, everyone can say what they want but I have the least to say - why? I do not even vote. So how can I blame anyone?? But I have seen a few presidents come and go and I have seen the econmy come and go with them. I just have noticed that since Bush has been ion office, the economy, at least here in Columbus. Ohio has been hit hard. You can blame it all on 9/11 and the war with Iraq, but it still doesn't address the issue with the economy. I do not feel it was Bush's fault for 9/11. How can it be? As for the war, well a little more research before we went over would have helped Bush but I do not blame him for going over.
It just seems to me the faith in the presidency has gone down. Therefore, the economy went down.
I am not blaming anyone, just the hard cold facts that right now things are not the best. In fact, I have other reasons for my un-employment and it is not related to anything political. I just have seen the economy trun around since 9/11.

Quick Reply: President Bush is here in Reno!