C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build Sheet ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 12:47 AM
73LS4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default "Build Sheets"

I still have the "Corvette Order" for the 70 LT1 I ordered new. At the bottom of it it says "7. Dealer's Copy"... very similar to the one posted for the 69 in here, except on the right hand side it has numbers for the engine, rear axle, transmission, key, and date produced (2-4-70). Handwritten on it is the number 36, which coincidentally is the last 2 digits of the VIN. I removed it from the floor of the car shortly after it came off the truck.

I also have one for the 73 I bought new, and it looks like the one for the 76 posted in here.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:08 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by 1970 Dave
Just out of curiosity, how much does it really hurt the value of cars like mine and Eddie70's who do not have the build sheets for their Vettes? In reality, the people with documentation are quite lucky. Most of the original buyers of these cars looked at this stuff as just a bunch of papers--come on, how many people saved all the paperwork from their first lawnmower?

SEMPER FI--1970 Dave
It becomes more important if one is peddling a rare option car that commands big bucks! Otherwise, it's a nice piece of documentation that confirms originality. There are other ways to confirm originality.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Karfever
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I too found a 'corvette order' paper in mine. It looks like a abriviated (sp)window sticker without the prices etc. Is this close to a build sheet in a buyers mind?
Old 07-26-2004, 03:40 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Karfever
I too found a 'corvette order' paper in mine. It looks like a abriviated (sp)window sticker without the prices etc. Is this close to a build sheet in a buyers mind?
Like those silver convertible Corvettes!

among the early C3 years...this is the documentation that is sought...you're in luck. I believe I wrote this above...this is a copy of Corvette order that was glued to the tank...it was also stuffed in other places as well. But to answer your question...in a buyer's mind this serves as the "build sheet" but technically, a build sheet includes the broadcast codes...your copy has what are called ECL codes or exception control letter codes...which perform the same function. I hope this isn't too confusing...but what you have documents that drop dead silver convertible of yours!

Quick Reply: Build Sheet ?