C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I spray paint this door jamb? (PIC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 02:23 PM
brystheguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I spray paint this door jamb? (PIC)

I'm getting tired of seeing this run everytime that I open the door. It's been like that since I bought it (no clue how it happened). I have a can of the spray paint but I am unsure how to proceed as I have never messed with automotive paint before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Pete76Shark
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

The paint in the spray can may not match what you have now.

I would clean the area real good and air brush a small area to see how the paint reacts. If it lays on good then I would do the rest.

Mask and paper so you do get any overspray, with an air brush this is not a big deal cause it puts out such a small spray pattern but with an over the counter spray can you have to mask/paper off the area you want to paint.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:17 PM
brystheguy
Racer

Thanks for responding. Now, how do I get it so that there is no masking line? I am not familiar with the types of sanding techniques that may be needed to accomplish this. Any help out there?
Old 09-14-2004, 11:25 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brystheguy
Thanks for responding. Now, how do I get it so that there is no masking line? I am not familiar with the types of sanding techniques that may be needed to accomplish this. Any help out there?
You don't have to mask anything, other than to keep the overspray from the carpeting. Use rubbing compound and rub the outside fender area. After the paint has dried, rub the outside fender area again...any overspray will be rubbed off and gone, and no mask line.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I spray paint this door jamb? (PIC)

Quick Reply: How do I spray paint this door jamb? (PIC)