Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlimitted Vettes fraud

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 10:03 PM
SkunkApe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corvgreg
Buying a classic Corvette involves so many variables in the value of the car that you need to know about them or hire an inspector to give you a report on it. I sold a car to someone that had an inspector come out---check all the numbers, originality, fit/finish, and road test it. He said the company charges about $350 for this. If you are going to pay close to $20K or more for a car it is good insurance.

Not playing Devil's advocate, but...would anyone here purchase a car locally without inspecting it or having it inspected? There's no difference in buying a car long distance. I don't care if the seller is a nun who only drove her 427 to church on Sunday's...I'm going to check it out personally, or hire someone in the area who knows that type of vehicle.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:55 PM
73conv
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It goes to show you, you have to look at these cars in person. If you are willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars for a these cars, what's a few hundred dollars for a plane ticket to look at the car in person.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Gary Dale
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 73conv
It goes to show you, you have to look at these cars in person. If you are willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars for a these cars, what's a few hundred dollars for a plane ticket to look at the car in person.
what is the tag on the drivers inside door opening frame??
Old 05-16-2005, 10:35 PM
brighteyes
2nd Gear

I bought a good car from Michael. I got it for my husband, and for being an old car it is in pretty nice shape. He was friendly and bent over backwards to help, I had a great experience and he made shipping easy.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by brighteyes
I bought a complete disaster of a car from Michael. I got it for my husband, and for being an old car it is in worse shape than I thought. He was nasty and bent us over backwards and was no help, I had a bad experience and he made shipping difficult.

Michael, since we are now positive this is you, please address the unhappy customers.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Supersportt396
Instructor

Default Vette

I dont think MC did the bending over, he is the one that does the sticking up the butt. If brighteyes is MC and a member since May 2005, I hope he gets his hand caught in a fan.It always comes back to bite ya
Old 05-20-2005, 10:23 AM
OCMuscleCar
2nd Gear

Default Michael Montrief good experience

I purchased a 69 vette from Michael Montrief (aka unlimitedvettes )and it was in awesome condition. The car was exactly as represented. Maybe I just expect less. All my cars are old (ie I don't drive a 2005 Honda). That appears to be the point of reference. I got the car about 16 or 17 months ago and it is still running great. I tried to get him to throw in free oil changes for life like Rock Honda advertises, but I settled for a corvette key chain. He was a nice guy and I still like to see what cars he has from time to time, I have the advantage of drive 45 min to see them, but I have yet to see a vette that was misreresented.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:24 AM
OCMuscleCar
2nd Gear

Default Michael Montrief good experience

I purchased a 69 vette from Michael Montrief (aka unlimitedvettes )and it was in awesome condition. The car was exactly as represented. Maybe I just expect less. All my cars are old (ie I don't drive a 2005 Honda). That appears to be the point of reference. I got the car about 16 or 17 months ago and it is still running great. I tried to get him to throw in free oil changes for life like Rock Honda advertises, but I settled for a corvette key chain. He was a nice guy and I still like to see what cars he has from time to time, I have the advantage of drive 45 min to see them, but I have yet to see a vette that was misrepresented.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by OCMuscleCar
I purchased a 69 vette from Michael Montrief (aka unlimitedvettes )and it was in awesome condition. The car was exactly as represented. Maybe I just expect less. All my cars are old (ie I don't drive a 2005 Honda). That appears to be the point of reference. I got the car about 16 or 17 months ago and it is still running great. I tried to get him to throw in free oil changes for life like Rock Honda advertises, but I settled for a corvette key chain. He was a nice guy and I still like to see what cars he has from time to time, I have the advantage of drive 45 min to see them, but I have yet to see a vette that was misrepresented.

Michael, cut it out!!! We know its you!!! How about expaining all your unhappy customers who bought busted up, garbage cars from you?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Supersportt396
Instructor

Default Unlim

Isnt it funny how the only ones that write good about UV just became members? My buddy traveled twice to NC to check out Unlim Vette cars. One time MM had four POS sitting there,some not running,even though stated on EBAY new motors and paint.he gave MM the benifit of doubt the first time,second time he called and gave his advice to MM. he hung up. BUYERS BEWAREof this POS.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:26 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCMuscleCar
I purchased a 69 vette from Michael Montrief (aka unlimitedvettes )and it was in awesome condition. The car was exactly as represented. Maybe I just expect less. All my cars are old (ie I don't drive a 2005 Honda). That appears to be the point of reference. I got the car about 16 or 17 months ago and it is still running great. I tried to get him to throw in free oil changes for life like Rock Honda advertises, but I settled for a corvette key chain. He was a nice guy and I still like to see what cars he has from time to time, I have the advantage of drive 45 min to see them, but I have yet to see a vette that was misreresented.
WTF? this azzhat still thinks he can write posts about himself and we won't figure it out?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:21 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default To Our Honest Friend Mikey

Mike, I told you when you were screwing me over with that piece of crap car that it would be in your best interest to honor the 48 hour right of recision. You originally said you would and like all of the other lies this was just one more. Just think, if you would not have screwed me over and been an honest forthright individual, I would not have started this forum. Like I said, I warned you and now you have to continue lying to try to cover up all of your other falsehoods by posting all of these fake postings. Come on Mike at least take it like a man. One day you may find you will have to. By the way I noticed your cars do not seem to be selling to well on ebay anymore. Hmmmm......
Old 05-20-2005, 07:52 PM
RubyZR1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dunno if this is an idea, but a local guy who has issues with a car dealer simply parks his car out front of the dealers shop on a saturday morning with a huge sign on it saying something like..."This dealer gives sh*t service,etc,etc,etc". It's a big sign and you can't drive by without taking notice of it. Our Local Authorities by-laws cannot stop it. I have no idea if the dealer cares at all, but it cannot be good for business.
Wayne
Old 05-20-2005, 08:19 PM
LT4Coupe
Pro

Originally Posted by RubyZR1
Dunno if this is an idea, but a local guy who has issues with a car dealer simply parks his car out front of the dealers shop on a saturday morning with a huge sign on it saying something like..."This dealer gives sh*t service,etc,etc,etc". It's a big sign and you can't drive by without taking notice of it. Our Local Authorities by-laws cannot stop it. I have no idea if the dealer cares at all, but it cannot be good for business.
Wayne
Unfortunately, most of the people he rips off are not locals.
Better to spread the word through the information highway,
as we are doing here.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default Another montrief address

Another Montrief Address

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the address for Mikes "warehouse" in Illinois. It is actually a pole barn in the middle of rural Illinois, but Mike boasted to me that it contained over 250,000 dollars worth of classic cars. Hmmm.....
This is a positive ID, I have personally spoken with Tim the tenant who lives on the property. He verifys that Mike keeps many cars there. I have not spoken to him in a number of months but seemed like a very straight up good guy. Seemed to find Mikeys lies and falsehoods sort of amusing. Mike owns the property and Tim rents from him. Mike said that Tim helps to wash cars when they ship out.

22726 N Rt 40
Edelstein Il, 61526
309-249-9203

Hi Mike, should have just honored the 48 hour right of recision and given me my money back. But then you should have not ripped me off in the first place.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:51 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default Montrief phone number

I have discovered a phone number for him that is more of a private line for him but you better *67 when you call him because he may not answer if he recognizes the number you are calling from.
714-357-4838
Also he likes to say he is a lawyer, he is not. He went to law school but could not pass the bar.

Hey Mike, the emperor has no clothes.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:07 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default Montrief in living color

Check out this link to see Mike, he definitely is the type who has an intimate relationship with his mirror.

http://michaelmontrief.exploretalent...alentnum=41687

Get notified of new replies

To Unlimitted Vettes fraud

Old 06-10-2005, 10:09 AM
iknowvettes
Heel & Toe

I just sent a huge package on information to a reporter at the LA Times...I think it might get a little sticky for Mr. Montries and his future as an "attorney".
Have a nice day Mikey
Old 06-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Nate '69
Pro

Good info. We should make a "sticky" post of fraud cautions. I also like the idea of the ebay warning route.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:28 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default More Montrief information

I have a snoop who has passed along some good information. The link does not work, but everything else is too specific to ignore.
Rob

link http://cr.ocgov.com/grantorgrantee/results.asp

I looked up the 2 business names listed EZ Lock Up LLC and PLC Waterfront LLC...
I got an address for PLC Waterfront... 21303 Huntington Beach, CA 92648 and phone numbers of...714-374-9027, 6929, 6842, and 6891 I researched them...all are cell phone numbers.
Hope you can use this information.

Quick Reply: Unlimitted Vettes fraud